• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie back...again!

BECKYBROWN80

hi all

i joined a few months ago but have not had an appointment for 4 months and have been very busy so not been on here.
have got an appointment today with consultant. have been waiting to hear about funding since late December but nothing yet so think this appointment is so i dont get lost in the system! i am so worried that i am not going to get the funding after waiting so long! had anyone else been turned down? i am at whittington hospital.
hopefully today they will be able to give me me some good news!!!

thanks
becky

hi Becky ,hope it went well,i know how stressy it can get ,but i hope you had good news today x

hi and welcome, hope everything went well at your appointment

hi it did not go well!! was basically told by surgeon that i was there for nothing and that he would tell his registrar to stop making unnecessary appointments! and also got told that nothing had been heard about my funding, despite being told at last appointment in december that they would apply. i was given a number to call and found out it had not been processed! the secretary was really nice and assured me it was top priority that day. so another 6 weeks wait to hear about funding!! am angry at myself for not finding out sooner but you live and learn! feel like life is in hold! oh well...positive mental attitude! chin up.....it must be fate! lol
xxx

oh no,i know how you feel,wrong appointments ,hospital telling you different things ,scared to keep contacting incase you get seen as a nuicance ,emotional ups and downs ,but by reading posts on here ,and knowing its not just you ,really helps,,and as old cheryl cole says,if its worth aving its worth fightin for ,lol ,surely that sayin was around before her song? ,keep your chin up we will get there x

hi thanks
it is great knowing i am not alone especially with all the stigma attached to bypass surgery! my family and friends are great but dont feel like i can talk much about it as my mum really dosnt want me to have it done and although i know she will support and help me, i feel if i moan to much she will just think its another sign not to get it done! also unless your going through it you cant really understand what a massive thing it is.
where is everyone having there ops? and how long you guys been waiting? i am at whittington hospital north london. first spoke to my doctor december 2009! i know this is the final leg but it is taking forever!!

xx

:)Hi Becky:)
Welcome to the forum
Thanks for the updates & well done on keeping positive
As Starr said keep reading all the old & new threads on here....
We're with you all the wayxxxx

im having my gastric bypass and gall bladder removal; at chelsea and westminster,started early last year,had all my appointments and pre op ,all ok ,,,,just waiting for a date ,which is driving me crazy ,,,,,

you seem at the same sort of stage as me. is your funding already approved? what do you do at pre op appointment? did they give you any kind of timescale?
xx

hi beck, my pre op assessment was pretty simple ,bloods,ecg,,more questions ,,swabs,,,the nurse was lovely and said id get a call in 2 or 3 weeks to start my liver shrinkage diet,but i never heard so i called ,to be told theres a 6months wait from pre op assessment,which seems crazy to do the bloods and swabs so long before ,i just cried,,but ive since been called and told its nearer 4 months wait and its been over a month ,so fingers crossed il hear soon,you can never prepare yourself enough for the wait ,but i know it will be worth it,and if things get to bad theres always peeps on here to cheer you up by reading their posts ,good luck and keep in touch x

hi does seem strange the pre op is 6 months before op! i will be calling on tuesday to make sure that they have sent off application for funding! arghh come on already lol!! i first went to doc in dec 2009!! my time surely must be soon! how are you feeling? hope your well x x

oh my!!! phoned bariatric secretary to check that they had done what they needed to do (finally!!) to apply for funding and have been told that as my pct is joining with others the wait is between 8 to 12 weeks!!! OMG!! so upset. due to hospital mistake they did not apply for the funding before xmas. i have waited 2 weeks since i found out and now they say could be another 3 months!! and what will i do if they say i cannot have the funding! arghhh so frustrated!

Different areas of the country seem to differ so much with the whole process . I first saw my doc in jan 10 and funding was applied for and granted 6 weeks later . A long wait in between all the appointments and had pre- op on 28 th april and my surgery is in 8 days ! Good luck with it all it's very frustrating at times I know just hold on tight lol :D x x

good luck with your surgery! if they had applied for the funding back in december when they said they were then i am sure i would have date at least by now. maybe would have had it as the list is only 2 - 3 months long the surgeon said. just so annoying! you must be so excited fizzy donna xx

That is so annoying they should give us jobs at the pct! we have to do most of the foot work ourselves>
If I,d not wrote at least 20 emails my self,I,d be quite surprised.
well good luck xx

Nervous but starting to get excited :D mind u it's hard to have any emotion when doing pre-op diet with having pmt and sooo wanting wine and big slab of choccie really bad Lol xx

i bet! but what an amazing journey you are about to start fizzy donna! cant wait for my chance!

and defo think we should get the jobs at pct. maybe employing us we would at least have an understanding of how much we all wait for any word about the surgery and wouldnt sit on our bums whilst patients wait eagerly by the post box!! xx

Hi everyone. have not been on for a while. i have still not heard about confirmation of my funding, it is just getting beyond a joke now. i am calling and just being told that due to islington pct combining with others that they are sorting through a back log!! it is driving me crazy which is why i dont think i have been on here for ages as i am just so disheartened by it all now! has anyone else with islington and what kind of experience have you had? i am getting more and more convinced that they are gonna turn it down! arghhhhh!
x

Back