• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie back...again!

Sorry to hear all this Becky. It's extremely frustrating for you. I do know how you feel as my hospital did not apply for funding until 3 months after they'd said I'd have my op, and I've waited nearly a year longer for my date ( which is now 3 weeks away) than I was told at my first appointment. When things stopped happening and I was just waiting I stopped visiting this site, purely because I was getting so frustrated. Soon as things started moving I started to visit regularly again as the support , advice and camaraderie is fabulous.
Hang on in there and best of luck
xx

Hi Becky, I know the waiting is frustrating, but hang on in there. You'll be surprised at how quickly the time will pass. Just give the PCT a ring every now and then to ensure that you're records are kept in view.

thanks. have not rung pct yet but the surgeons secretary is really friendly and helpful and is sending emails etc. maybe i will try and get hold of a number tomorrow to start bugging them direct. i am sure once i hear some news will be back on here but just feel like a bit so deflated by the whole process at the moment!
you must be excited about your op coming soon miss tickle! i cannot wait!
thanks for listening. i feel like i am always moaning about it all when i am on here!!
xx

I am excited and scared Becky!
This is a good place to let off steam. Doesn't sound like you're moaning- just venting your understandable frustration.

hi all. hope your all well. i have been onto the hospital and the pct about funding. was told yesterday by the pct that they could not find any details on me! i could have exploded. i have been told so many things. luckily however the woman was really great took all my details and got back to me this morning to confirm my details. called back this afternoon and was told that they had my file and and they are working on it now! they said that i should hopefully hear something by about tuesday! i wont hold my breath but very excited! yay! x

thanks jane. feel like its taking over my life at the moment!! am so worried that i will not get funding as i have no co morbidities at the moment!!! but did ask the bariatric secretary and she said if i didnt get it i would be the first not to from islington! fingers crossed but i am not a very lucky person!
can see u r just about to have your surgery? wow, hope everything goes well for you. xx

i cant believe how badly run the whole system is for some areas,its the hardest thing ive ever had to do,the emotions,the wait,,,i actually felt fatter ,uglier and unhealthier after i started this wls journey ,,,it felt like every time i went to the hospital they just confirmed how fat i was and that i needed this op but the wait went on,and on,and id come away feeling discusted with myself, it stopped me going out ,it honestly stopped me living ,,and i was feeling more depressed for months the wait goes on,do they really not understand how hard it is ,you fone in desperation,for just a glimmer of hope,maybe a date ,even if its months away ,and get someone who answers and replies like your complaining ya pizzas late ,no compassion,i had to stop constantly thinking and talking about it . i hope its a bit like having a baby ,the pain and worry goes the moment its here,,just wish someone would have told me how long and hard the road was when it started,without the guys on here ,id have never coped with it all,and im living my life as i wait for my op now ,it makes it a much easier wait , thanks to you guys x

hi starr. i am going through exactly the same feelings. i have never felt so depressed or disgusted with myself as i do now. i cant get my head around the fact that i have let myself get like this and even more so that i cannot do anything about it on my own. i feel so weak willed. i was such a strong confident woman before i started this journey. my friends have all noticed i have changed. become moodier and less outgoing. i dont go out clubbing really anymore and even put off meetings friends in the pub!! this is not me. i was such party girl but this process has just drained me, if i dont get the funding then i really dont know what i will do!
do you know when your surgery will be yet? notice you had one cancelled! xx

Hi, i wasn't turned down for funding, however the waiting list was way way long and I didn't/don't have the patience to wait! I've decided to go private and I know this is the best decision for me, but good luck with yours and I hope you do get that funding :)

hi starr. i am going through exactly the same feelings. i have never felt so depressed or disgusted with myself as i do now. i cant get my head around the fact that i have let myself get like this and even more so that i cannot do anything about it on my own. i feel so weak willed. i was such a strong confident woman before i started this journey. my friends have all noticed i have changed. become moodier and less outgoing. i dont go out clubbing really anymore and even put off meetings friends in the pub!! this is not me. i was such party girl but this process has just drained me, if i dont get the funding then i really dont know what i will do!
do you know when your surgery will be yet? notice you had one cancelled! xx

Aw Becky, Im so sorry you have been messed around so much and that it has affected you in such away. I havent any advice as I was a private patient just wanted to give you a hug :hug99:

I hope you get some positive news soon xx

hi love ,theyve told me september,but i dont believe them til im there!,i know what you mean becky about the emotions ,and the knock to your confidence,people around me are worried that the op wont stop this self loathing,but i try to explain its the op and wait thats caused it,,before i started the wls journey, ofcourse i had issues, and insecureties but they multiplied and i never hated or felt ashamed of my self before, i just needed help to lose weight,but you question everything during the waiting time ,and all of your faults are magnified,maybe we have to go through this to understand and deal with the surgery , and im still sure the op is the help i need to healthier and hopefuly longer life,im sure you feel the same ,i just hope the old me is still there ,waiting under all this weight,redtape,and appointments,just wait and hope love ,thats all you can do,,il have my fingers crossed for you too x chin up,and remember its all worth it x x

hiya guys. thanks loads for the support. i spoke to the surgeons secretary again and she was really lovely. she has not heard anything but already had it on her list to chase up today so is hoping that i will hear this week. i told her how unlucky i am and she said that i have had so many delays on my file. she told me that my original referral letter from my doctor got stuck in between other letters and was only given to the secretary in march. four months after it was sent in the december before. that and the fact i have been caught twice by pct changes she can see what problems i have been dealing with!!
she also told me that in 3 years she has only known islington to not approve one patient. however, she went through my file and could see that i do not have co morbidities at the moment. she said if i did then it would be pushed through so i am very nervous at the moment.
but on the plus side, i am down to go straight onto the list so if i get approval this week then it could be september time she said i have a months liver shrinkage diet then it will be here!!!!! positive mental attitude!!!!!! hope you guys are all good. cant wait till i can just put on here that i have my funding!!!!! xxx

Back