• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Derby alert!!

natashoorrr

Hi all! I'm Natasha. I have just started on my journey for surgery.

I live in Derbyshire so I've had to complete an 8 week course with 'Tier Three Weight Reduction Service' where I had to implement a few life skills to loose weight which I have now done! They have said they will now be referring me back to my GP with their report which he will then send to the hospital but I have a few questions that I forgot to ask whilst I was there! So any people waiting or already had it, if you could help I'd appreciate it!

- Will they give me a choice of band or bypass? (I think I would prefer the bypass after much homework on the side affects and aftercare etc.)
- Who actually applies for funding and at what stage will I find out if I've got it or not?
- How long can I expect to be of work? My managers would be interested to know so we're not short staffed.
- Has anybody suffered much with loose skin? Any advice on anything I can do before hand to make sure this is kept to a minimum?
- Has it affected anybody's relationships with their partners greatly? I have had a boyfriend for three years and I think we're both a little nervous about change!
- How quickly did you have to buy new clothes? I'm just wondering if my size will change dramatically

Thank you in advance :) I apologise if any of these questions are pretty dumb.. I'm 23 and have been trying unsuccessfully to loose weight since I was 6!:cry:! So although I'm pretty young it's been a long time coming. I will no doubt ask a million questions so I'm just hoping I can ask as many here!!

Back