• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to this and need 2 know?

toornai

Hi everyone,
This is my 1st entry so be gentle with me please!
Still trying to find my way on WLS.
Can someone help me by telling me how much i will potentially weigh after my gastric sleeve operation? Dont ask me if i have my figures right cos they are.

I'm male, 54 yrs, current pre op weight is 103Kgs, my height is 4'11". please dont quote me how much i may loose in % of over body weight. I want to know how many kilo's i might be when i have lost all I'm going to loose, and how long that will take. i hope someone can answer me. thanks in advance.:confused:

Hi Toorni welcome to the site :)

I had a gastric sleeve done on the 29Th Nov (2weeks ago) and I have lost 12 kgs.

that's the most weight I have lost ever!

Hope this has helped you if not I'm sure someone will be along with more advice .

Good luck mate x

Hi,
Think we met at the meet ?????
Can't help you with your question as everyones weight loss is very different and depends on if you exercise ect but every kilo off is wonderful.
Hope it all goes well hun, look forward to seeng the new you in 2012 xxxx

Don't know hun, but good luck ;o)

Hi everyone,
This is my 1st entry so be gentle with me please!
Still trying to find my way on WLS.
Can someone help me by telling me how much i will potentially weigh after my gastric sleeve operation? Dont ask me if i have my figures right cos they are.

I'm male, 54 yrs, current pre op weight is 103Kgs, my height is 4'11". please dont quote me how much i may loose in % of over body weight. I want to know how many kilo's i might be when i have lost all I'm going to loose, and how long that will take. i hope someone can answer me. thanks in advance.:confused:

Sorry my crystal ball is at the cleaners :D

No one can predict how your body will react to a gastric sleeve but I was told that most weight loss surgery patients should hopefully lose 70% of their excess weight.

I have lost 110% of my excess weight in 19 months My starting weight was 134.3Kgs. I am now 61.2Kgs.
My good friend who had her op a month after me and started at about the same weight has lost approx 40% of her excess weight

If your height is 4' 11" and your weight is 103Kg the following information should help you.

For your height, the upper limit of your ideal weight range is:
56.3kg (8st 12lbs), BMI = 25 kg/m2
You are currently carrying 46.7kg (7st 5lbs) of excess weight.
Losing 50% of your excess weight will have the following effect:
79.7kg (12st 7lbs), BMI = 35.4 kg/m2
Losing 70% of your excess weight will have the following effect:
70.3kg (11st 1lbs), BMI = 31.2 kg/m2

Back