• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Lincolnshire looking for people on a similar journey

rosysdream

Hi everyone!

My names Rosy, I'm from Lincolnshire & I'm 25.
I'm having the Sleeve Gastrectomy on the 26th January at Derby Hospital & I'm currently on day 2 of a 2 week pre-operative diet.

I'd love to get to know & talk with people who are going through surgery or who've been through surgery as I don't know anybody who's been through anything like this before, and it'd be great to get to know you all.

Thanks for reading & I hope everything is going great on your own weight loss journey! :)

Hello Rosysdream and welcome to our group!
im nearly 4 months post WLS (Bypass) and im loving it the best thing ive ever done
good luck with your LSD ,which one you doing?

Hi Los in it! Thank you for the welcome :)
Wow 4 months that's great!! How are you finding it? I'm having a sleeve gastrectomy :) bit nervous tbh!

Hi rosysdream I'm also on the waiting list at Derby, can you tell me how long you waited for a date after you was listed?

Hi Rosy. Good luck with everything. I had my sleeve at the end of September - and I'm in the 'best thing I've ever done' group.

This forum is great for advice - the best thing you can do is read a few sleeve diaries.

hey kirstyjade i was put on the waiting list around october/november time and i got a date around beginning of december i think! which dr are you under? maybe i'll see you around! :)

thank you Bear & Kar8858, thats amazing to hear!! i really hope i feel the same afterwards lol. i'm pretty nervous about it to be honest!

oh wow!! thats so good :) i hope i feel the same! i'm pretty nervous about it, and i'm quite nervous about how i'm going to cope with the liquid diets afterwards. did it take you long to get used to the liquid diet at all?

hey kirstyjade! it's not been long, i'd been on around 1/2 months before i got my surgery date. how long have you been on? which doctor are you under?

Hi Rosysdream
Hope your operation went ok today, looking forward to hearing from you.
I had mine on the 19th Nov

Hi Rosysdream Hope your operation went ok today, looking forward to hearing from you. I had mine on the 19th Nov

Hey Willow! Thank you :) mine went really well! It took a bit longer & a few more holes but I'm healing pretty well and walking about okay lol. Only thing is I don't like soup at all so the first stage is pretty crappy for me lol. That's awesome, how are you getting on with yours?

Hi Los in it! Thank you for the welcome :)
Wow 4 months that's great!! How are you finding it? I'm having a sleeve gastrectomy :) bit nervous tbh!
overall I have to say itsi the Best thing iveI ever done its given me a life I only dreamed off more ups than downs and the downs are less than the fingers on one hand i I was lucky as I did resesres everything so felt very at ease with the whole process and went in eyes wide open and according to my team I was textbook 3 years on I've gained some weight around 2 stone which is in the range doesn't mean im happy about it but happy it's settled at that
I wish you nothing but luck with your upcoming surgery

Back