• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Lincolnshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Jayne

Hi.
I live in Spalding Lincs and have been referred for WLS by my G.P.
I would be interested to hear from anyone in my area who has 'Made the journey' .I understand that Derby Hospital is where i shall be attending but have yet to receive my first appointment.
I know it is a long road but would be interested to hear about time scales, and other peoples experiences along the way at this hospital.
In the mean time my G.P has advised me to attend 6,weekly appointments with my local Health trainer and an NHS Dietician at Boston Pigrims Hospital.
Is this normal practice when i will still have to follow the 3 tier management course at Derby?

Last edited:
Hi there, I can't help with your questions as I self funded but just wanted to say welcome and good luck with your journey

Lynn x

Same here I self funded just wanted to say hi and good luck xx

Hello just jane
Welcome to the group
I was nhs and took around 18 months but I understand the guidelines changed after I started so mine wasnt so long as others so I was lucky
wishing you the very best

Hi. I live in Spalding Lincs and have been referred for WLS by my G.P. I would be interested to hear from anyone in my area who has 'Made the journey' .I understand that Derby Hospital is where i shall be attending but have yet to receive my first appointment. I know it is a long road but would be interested to hear about time scales, and other peoples experiences along the way at this hospital. In the mean time my G.P has advised me to attend 6,weekly appointments with my local Health trainer and an NHS Dietician at Boston Pigrims Hospital. Is this normal practice when i will still have to follow the 3 tier management course at Derby?
hi Jayne I'm from Boston and I'm currenty on the waiting list as of last week, I got referred by my GP last August and I got my 1st app for a seminar in December had another app in January with the dietician and Bariatric nurse and then last week I saw the consultant and his team and was placed on the waiting list which I was told is around 6 weeks, I have always been in close contact with derby hospital my appointment have been brought forward because I called every week to check for cancellations which I finally got and brought my wait down by about 4-5 months, Im expected to get my date within the next few weeks so I'm really excited about that then will follow a 4 week pre-op diet
I hope this helps you a little and good luck with your journey :)

hi Jayne I'm from Boston and I'm currenty on the waiting list as of last week, I got referred by my GP last August and I got my 1st app for a seminar in December had another app in January with the dietician and Bariatric nurse and then last week I saw the consultant and his team and was placed on the waiting list which I was told is around 6 weeks, I have always been in close contact with derby hospital my appointment have been brought forward because I called every week to check for cancellations which I finally got and brought my wait down by about 4-5 months, Im expected to get my date within the next few weeks so I'm really excited about that then will follow a 4 week pre-op diet
I hope this helps you a little and good luck with your journey :)
Kirstyjade
I am not sure about the regime at Derby.My Gp was originally unsure about the protocol for referral so rang me and left a message to say he had done so.I have been in touch with Derby to see if it has been received and what the next steps are but no response as yet.
What were your cancellations for? Was it the 3 tier course?
where did you attend your seminar, and how many times have you had to attend Derby itself?
Have you had to lose the 5% weight with the dietician.Lots of questions but i know every hospital is slightly different.

Last edited:
Hi the 1st app I had was the group seminar in December which was approx 7 months waiting list but I kept calling to see if they had any cancellations and luckly they did! then I got an app for January to see the dietician & the Bariatric nurse, then I saw the consultant and the dietician and Bariatric nurse in April where I was put on the waiting list and told it was approx a 6-8 week wait and Then Iv just recieved a letter saying Iv completed tier 3 so I guess all the above was tier 3! My next app is later this month for an enhanced recovery session then there will be a pre-op app and that's it until surgery day
I was never told I had to lose a set amount of weight just as long as my weight didn't increase at all that's ok although they do like to see your weight go down as it shows you have made the changes they have asked of you

I hope this answers some of you questions if there's anything else just let me know :)

Hi every one.
It's been quite a while .I heard i had my referral accepted at Derby Royal in April of this year.I was told there was a very long wait for a first appointment.
well, today i heard i have my first Tutorial session on August 7th at 1.00pm.
Is there anyone else out there on here attending there ?
What should i expect?
I have another challenge.I don't drive:eek: and it is 137 miles from Spalding where i live. Excited and determined so i shall get there one way or another!!:D

Wouldn,t Peterbough be better to go to, seems a long way.

I have family in Boston, so not far from you.

Hi i asked where i would be refferred to and my Gp said he was only able to refer me to Derby(NHS).
Yes you are quite right it would have been wonderful to go to Peterborough.Do they have a Bariatric Dept there?

Hi.
I live in Spalding Lincs and have been referred for WLS by my G.P.
I would be interested to hear from anyone in my area who has 'Made the journey' .I understand that Derby Hospital is where i shall be attending but have yet to receive my first appointment.
I know it is a long road but would be interested to hear about time scales, and other peoples experiences along the way at this hospital.
In the mean time my G.P has advised me to attend 6,weekly appointments with my local Health trainer and an NHS Dietician at Boston Pigrims Hospital.
Is this normal practice when i will still have to follow the 3 tier management course at Derby?
Hi I've been a year now with weight management x
Hi i asked where i would be refferred to and my Gp said he was only able to refer me to Derby(NHS).
Yes you are quite right it would have been wonderful to go to Peterborough.Do they have a Bariatric Dept there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back