• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie in the house

Dixiecup

Hello everyone,this is all new to me and I feel so all alone.I have strarted my weight loss Sept 1st and lost 5lbs.Been doing the food journaling and believe me it is hard. Need more protein and fluids they say daily.And strive for 2-3 pds a week.(Are ya kidding me)!!Excersize is so real hard 2.I havent got a surgery date yet but we're looking at March.So I've got 16pds to go till then. I really need some more motivation. Question????Would it be ok to have 1 of the protein drinks as a meal once a day before the surgery?????:sign0163:

Hi Dixie & welcome ... you will get all the help & support you need on here .. we are very friendly with a wealth of experience which is better than books any day.
Good luck with the 16lbs ... you will do it no probs. I see no reason why you can't replace a meal with a protein drink depending on what type of diet you are on, just read the values list on the back. xxx :)

Hello everyone,this is all new to me and I feel so all alone.I have strarted my weight loss Sept 1st and lost 5lbs.Been doing the food journaling and believe me it is hard. Need more protein and fluids they say daily.And strive for 2-3 pds a week.(Are ya kidding me)!!Excersize is so real hard 2.I havent got a surgery date yet but we're looking at March.So I've got 16pds to go till then. I really need some more motivation. Question????Would it be ok to have 1 of the protein drinks as a meal once a day before the surgery?????:sign0163:

Hi Dixie and :welcome2:to the forum xx

You have done well to lose 5lbs on your own so far, but who has set your diet for you?

Is it by your surgeon or his team or someone else?

Its just that I don`t think they worry to much about your protein intake so much before you have surgery; although its a different matter afterwards!

If they are expecting you to lose 2 - 3lbs per week, then I would have thought they would have put you on a low fat, low sugar and a limit of 12 hundred calories or thereabouts. Perhaps them saying you should have more protein, would be including it in your diet more than you used to by perhaps having chicken pieces with salad, or eggs in omelettes or scrambled, or fish like tuna etc;
Think about what food have natural proteins in them and include it in your diet without resorting to powdered protein drinks for now

What sort of diet sheet have they given you.....and what are the stipulations with it?

Sorry if I`m questioning a lot but it is only to help you; and so I and others can you decent advice to help you go forward.
I guess they expect they need you to lose so much before surgery to show you have commitment to it and not waver once you have had surgery.

You probably will find excercise difficult to start with, especially if you hav`nt done any for a long time.....you can only start slowly and build it up, and if you like swimming then it could be an easier way to start!

All I can say is hang on in there chick - things will get better, especially when you are given a surgery date. Just take it steady and get as much information as you can.
Under the green banner at the top of the page there are drop down headings with no end of information and help, as well as diaries that will inspire you.

Good luck Dixie - I look forward to following your journey, and you can look forward to the day when all this is a distant memory and you will find your real self and feel so much happier in who you are x :D

Love Kat x

welcome dixie and good luck :) xxx

Back