• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie looking for advice!

Lesleydb

Bander
Hi all I have just found this site after looking around for a bit more info. I had a band fitted on the 23rd July and was just wondering when everyone moved on from liquids I was told to stay on them for 4 weeks but I am starting to feel hungry and starting to think it hasnt worked any advice would be very greatfully received.:confused:
Thanx in advance xx

Last edited:
Hi

I had a band fitted on 15th July and am supposed to be on liquids for 4 weeks but i've cheated a little and had mushy foods recently. I've really struggled to get blended food down, just the sight of it was enough to put me off. So i've incorporated some mushy and it doesn't seem to have been a problem. I've spoke to some people who only had to do liquid for 2 weeks so it can't do too much harm.

Just take it slowly and chew, chew, chew!!!

Pam xx

Hi Lesley

Sorry can't help you with your question but just wanted to welcome you. I'm sure Allie or Livvy will be along shortly to help xx

Hi
Thankyou for replying I am just getting fed up of drinking liquids and wondered if it would be ok to try something else I dont go back to see doc or dietician for another 2 weeks and am really starting to feel like I want to eat something what are the best things to try first?
Thanx xx

Hi and welcome to minis. I had my band fitted on July 14th so three weeks ago tomorrow. I officially was told to stick to liquids for two weeks, but after about ten days had a few spoons of sloppy stuff just to ring the changes. This last week I have been on mush which is much more filling although as time passes I find I can tolerate greater quantities again. Now I tend to have weetabix or ready brek in the morning, soup at lunch, and mush for tea with perhaps a smoothie or a yoghurt in between. Hope this helps but if you have any other questions just shout x

Hi Lesley,
Wanted to stop bye and say hello and well done on your op, cant help you with banding Im a bypass girl! Welcome to the site

Hi Thanks again for the replies Allie your doing brilliantly with your weight loss I dont feel like I have lost anything still feeling really bloated all the time I am starting to feel like it hasnt worked did anyone else feel like this or is it just me being paranoid.xx

You are bound to feel a bit paranoid, it's a big thing you've done and you have a whole new life ahead of you. I think you'll find this site helps relieves the paranoia somewhat as most of the questions I had were answered here.

Some people have had big weight loss post surgery and some haven't. I still feel bloated especially after i've eaten and my stomach feels heavy but on my weekly weigh in this morning i've lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks, so slow and steady.

Pam xx

Lesley, thanks for your comments xx The bloating will go gradually - I was still very bloated for the first couple of weeks but it does go gradually and suddenly one day you realise you don't feel like a puffa fish any more!
I have had my times when i have been paranoid it has not worked, and don't forget that at the moment your band has no restriction while you heal, so the only thing keeping you on the straight and narrow is you! We all lose at different rates, and the most important thing is that what you lose will stay off, but weigh once a week as a guideline and take one day at a time xx good luck

Well done on your loss Pam. I think it probably is just me feeling a down. I got my staples out today so feel better after that I am going to try and feel more positive. It does help having people to chat to who know what your feeling and who are going through this with you.
Thanks for all your help
Lesley xx

Yes I had mine at the Thornbury with the lovely Roger Acroyd :D, now theres a chap that can give shaw summers a run in the handsome stakes! Im asuming that he did your op as well?

Yes thats who did mine also I was booked in to have the bypass then changed my mind and went for the band not sure if I made the right choice or not but time will tell. x

well there is always the option to get a bypass later or partial bypass where they keep your band in place and remove the absorbing part of your intestines, but stick with the band and see how it goes! Did you go nhs or private?

Hi Lesley!

Just wanted to say hello to you - I've been busy the last few days so not very active on here!

I had a band fitted around the same time as Alliecat - so do shout if you need to check anything out... this forum is so great for giving ideas and things - I'd have been all-at-sea without these lovely ladies (and gents) guiding me!

Alice xx

Hi Alice Thanks for that it is nice to have others to talk to who are going through the same to seek advice and support from I am enjoying reading everyones experiences. I am starting to feel a little hungry now so am starting to eat a little rather than just drinking.
Lesley x

I am three weeks in Lesley and hunger has hit!! I can now manage 3/4 of a cereal bowl of mush no problems, so feel very little restriction now. Roll on the first fill x

Thanks Allie Im glad its not only me then but your doing amazing with your weightloss. Im starting to have some mush now but not eating nowhere near as much as I ate before but cant wait now to get the fill so I can tell it really has worked I dont want to slip back into bad habits. Have you got a date for your first fill yet?
Lesley x

Back