• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Emma2206

Hiya, I'm Emma and had the gastric band fitted last Sunday.
All in all I'm doing ok, but I'm getting horrific shoulder pain. I've read a bit and seen it can last up to 5 weeks :( how has it been for everyone else?
Looking forward to sharing my journey with you and reading about yours.
Started pre op diet on 10/7/13 , weighing 18st 8lb, and to date I've lost 18lb x

Hello Emma and welcome, glad ur doing ok...I'm 5 weeks post op, I didn't really get any wind pain. Hope it eases for u soon, off for my first fill tom.....nervous! Take it easy x x

Hi and welcome to the forum xx

Hi Emma! I'm getting my band fitted in 2 weeks time eeek! Anyway I have read throughout this forum that having shoulder and chest pain from gas is totally normal and some people have said that vigorous walking helps alot and also standing up straight and rolling your arms around and around (sounds funny) but apparently that eases the gas a bit. Hope your ok! Keep in touch xx

This morning feels a lot better , I only have a slight stabbing pain now instead if the feeling if someone twisting a knife continuously ! Also, been actually able to drink and swallow a lot better.
Have you started your pre op diet yet? I actually found it freeing not to have to worry about food, but stroll on a week today when I can eat some mashed potato!!! Lol

Hiya, thanks huni.

It's getting better day by day. I'm pretty much feeling about 85% now, it feels like the swelling has gone down a lot today as I can actually swallow and it doesn't take me an hour to drink 200mls!
Have you started your pre op yet? I thought I would dread it but to be honest, I found it nice that I was sooooo restricted on what I could have, took away the thoughts of what I could shove down my gob! Ha ha. Good luck hun, you keep in touch too :)

Hiya, thanks huni.

It's getting better day by day. I'm pretty much feeling about 85% now, it feels like the swelling has gone down a lot today as I can actually swallow and it doesn't take me an hour to drink 200mls!
Have you started your pre op yet? I thought I would dread it but to be honest, I found it nice that I was sooooo restricted on what I could have, took away the thoughts of what I could shove down my gob! Ha ha. Good luck hun, you keep in touch too :)

Hey Emma! I'm starting my pre-op tomorrow. I'm quite settled with it to be honest. I've come to a point in my life that eating is such a pain the ass as I feel so low and guilty afterwards. And I'm tired of feeling like that so I'm ready for tomorrow!!! Bring it on! I had a few drinks last night to say bye bye to alcohol so I'm done now! Where did you have your surgery? Glad your swelling is settling!

Had it done at Dolan Park. I've read a few horror stories on here about them but they were fab for me, and I got discharged at 1000, not like some of the 0530's I've seen on here :-s

Had it done at Dolan Park. I've read a few horror stories on here about them but they were fab for me, and I got discharged at 1000, not like some of the 0530's I've seen on here :-s

10am? Holy crap that's great. I'm travelling to Belgium and I've heard some horror stories too but I've done so much research on dr. Chris de bruyne and I know he's exactly who I want. I read alot of great stories about Dolan park. I'm in Ireland so I'm not familiar with some clinics in England. Glad your feeling better x

Small world! Lol. Yeah, they live just by the tescos and Maccy D's there at the bottom! Next time we're over visiting we'll have to catch up :)

Have you had your op yet hun?

Hey Emma! I'm flying out Monday getting surgery done Tuesday! Found the pre op ok but had slight slip with a meal out with friends one night. But hey we wouldn't be human if we didn't slip the odd time! How are you feeling hope the shoulder pain is getting better! How do you think your doing after surgery???? Are you happy with it, and how's the diet??

Oooooh how exciting :)you'll be fine :) shoulder pain all gone now, although if I eat a bit too much it gives me a little warning niggle.
The diet has been a bit weird to be fair, on the mushy stage but feel like I could eat loads and am getting hungry, but apparently this is all normal until your band gets filled to the sweet spot as they call it. I have my first fill on the 21st so hoping that helps.
Good luck for next week, let me know how you get on xxx

So glad the shoulder pain got better! Not looking forward to that :) hope the first fill goes well! I will let u know how I get on on Tuesday! Oh I'm excited! Anyway chat soon xxx sarah.

Back