• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie susie starting out.... help

Hi sorry newbie only just saw this. No they didn't still no decision they want to know what difference having the surgery will make on my liver problem. Going to my gp tomorrow morning hopefully she will do some chasing for me. The dr at the hospital hadn't replied to the pct yet so need to wait for him.

well i wish you the best, i know from my experience the more i fret and cried about it the sooner things happened. dont sit there and let them take their time. good luck on your visit today!!
susie

Thanks Newbie. When I spoke to my gp this morning she said she only got a letter off them on Thursday which isn't great so the pct obviously had no intention of making a decision on Friday. Why can't they just be honest instead of getting my hopes up. I will probably send them another email at the end of the week. From Friday I am on 6 weeks hol so I think I will put the pressure on them.

that sounds good, where you going for holiday?? yes i know your very anxious and excited about surgery . it took me almost a year wait and even then it was cancelled 5 times so my stress was up and down up and down. it will come for you, where do you live at? which hospital you having your surgery? i had mine at UCLH in LONDON. please call me susie
the best to you susie

thanks fat girl, and look at you only one pound to reach your goal. i gues by the time ive finished typing this you will have reashed it lol. congrats on such an accomplishment!!! BRAVO
susie

Hi Susie, I am going to the Isle of Wight for a week, but work in a school so have 6 weeks off work. I live in Cambridge but they don't do wls so have been adviced to have Mr Fiennes at UCHL London, is that who you had? I bet that was very stressful having it cancelled, why was it cancelled so many times? Take care you are doing great with your weight loss well done.

mr. fiennes is the absolute best!!! he is the head one in bariatric surgery. i had mr. hashemi his partner but was also looked after and met mr. fiennes. how wonderful for you, you will be in the best hands. have you had any appointments there yet? the nurse alice is super too!!
susie

No not had any appointments yet still waiting for funding. Not sure how to go about seeing them before I get the funding. Did you get your funding in place first? I am getting a bit fed up waiting for them to make a decision. So glad that they are great people at uchl it makes me feel more relaxed about going to a different hospital. Is the bariatric part in the main building or is it round the back in one of the side streets? Take care I am sure I will end up asking you so many questions.

it is in the main building. i was approved first then started all the appointments. you are assessed first, then phychiatric appointment then nurse, after that if all is ok you get to meet the surgeon. i will surely be here to help and answer any questions. my nest check up isnt till october. wishing you the best!! it was the best decision for me.
susie

Back