• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie...Thought I'd introduce myself

kell

Hey guys, :wave_cry: great forum you all seem so friendly and supportive!

Well my name is Kelly and I am a (nearly) 30 yr old mum of 3.
2 boys aged 7 & 5 and a little girl who is 2.

Been overweight most of my life..now im very overweight! :cry:

I did lighterlife a couple of years ago and lost 13stone & 2lbs, but unfortunately ended up putting it all back on...plus more! (story of my life!) lol

I first approached my Dr last June and she referred me straightaway. I then went to see a dietician in October so she could decide whether to refer me to the hospital?...anyway she did and after waiting 12 weeks for an appointment I finally went to see another dietician last Monday about being considered for wls, she said a panel would discuss my case on Friday and I should find out sometime soon, so fingers crossed!

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself to you all

x x

Hi Kelly, welcome to Mini's :) I'm nearly 30 too and have a 7 year old boy ;)

Good luck with the funding panel on Friday, which area are you from?

Hi kelly and welcome to mini's

good luck on the friday decision, if it does go against you i am sure there are peeps here who can help you appeal

Cheers ladies
Im from Leeds. Sorry I should have said it went to the panel last Friday so just waiting now for a phonecall with a yes or no. She did say she'd phone me this week with a decision and if it was a yes, Id be waiting approx 8 weeks for an appointment to see a consultant, so fingers crossed x

:welcome: Kelly and your in the right place for any information you want from these forums, they're a good lot and this site will help you on your journey:wavey:

Welcome Kelly, looking forward to hearing more about your journey. What are you hoping to have done?

hi kelly welcome to minis, good luck for friday !!

liz x

chivasgirl... I was hoping to have the band as I was a bit scared of the bypass, but reading all the stories on here is making me think that bypass is not as scarey as I originally thought and it maybe best for me?
I have a bmi of 55 and a very sweet tooth! so have got lots to lose. x

Hi kelly and welcome:D:DGood luck with your journey hun:p:p

Hi Kelly, welcome to Minis

Hi all....Good news

Just an update, got a phone call today from the dietician saying that the surgeon agreed to my wls and that they think a bypass is a better option for me, other than the band, but she said I would get to disscuss all that with him when my appointment to see him comes through in about 8 weeks. x

wow kell
how do you feel
are you not able to chose band or bypass
are you excited or relieved or both LOL
I am hoping for a band, I am 32 and have 3 kids 2 girls and a boy, ages 6, 4 and 14 months I am in manchester
well done xxx

Thanks fatbutnot4eva

I feel excited and scared at the same time!..lol
Think the dietician said that the decision would be made between myself and the surgeon when I have my appointment with him. I told the dietician that I wanted the band, but she and the surgeon think that the bypass will suit me better cos of my sweet tooth and heartburn!
I see we're similar age and kids ages aswell...lets hope we are both lucky with our journeys to weightloss! lol.Have you been accepted for the band? or you still in the process? x

if you have a sweet tooth then yes the bypass is much better for you, as the proceedure stops you eating anything too sweet

Great news on the funding and appointment in 8 weeks time :)

Back