• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie...Thought I'd introduce myself

Hi nice to meet you, I am also a newbie like you first day on here today:D. I have had to take out a loan for my banding and have my surgery (fingers crossed) on the 2nd March. Good luck on your surgery whenever it comes.

I am nearly 30 as well -the surgery is my prezzie! I have 4 ankle biters aged 13, 10, 6, and 3.
Can't wait to shed the 6 and a half stones I have been carrying round all these years. It sure will be a weight off my back lol.
Prinny.xx

Last edited:
Hi Kelly, great news on your funding. I`m also 30 and have 2 kids, girl 5, and a boy nearly 11 mths. I had a band in Oct xx

Hey lancslass, how are you finding it with the band? Weldone on ur weightloss so far. Thats originally what I wanted but I think they'd prefer me to have the bypass. Just waiting for an appointment to see the surgeon now. x

fantastic news the time will fly by. I have had a bypass and the thought of anything sweet even the smell of biscuits doesnt do it for me at all these days. I think also the thouht od possiably being ill (dumping) makes me steer cleare of things as well.
you will soon be a looser
hc

Thanks Hc, and congratulations on your fantastic weightloss so far! x

Hi Kelly and welcome to MiniMins. :)

Glad to hear that your funding has been approved. Hope it's not long before you hear more from the consultant.

Hi Kell, the band itself is fine I`ve not really had any problems with it but as your probably aware with a band u need to have it filled to gain restriction. I had my first fill 0f 1.5mls in Nov which didn`t touch the sides lol and I`ve just had another just over a week ago which has put me up to 5mls and I`m now feeling alot more restriction so fingers crossed I should start losing again. I lost 5lb this week but thats just took me to what I was before before xmas lol.

hi kelly welcome to minis i think you should be ok with the surgery alison x :8855:

Last edited:
HI Kell
As far as I am concerned and my dietician and GP I am having my band in aug / sept. I am under the salford PCT and have to have 6 months weight management which I am half way through then I am sent to Salford Royal / Hope Hospital when I meet the surgeon and discuss my options and hav ethe tests i.e. sleep apnea, phsyco assesment and blood tests.
I would like the band and I am hoping all goes well and I get what I want.
well that goes for all of us xxx
Helen
x

Back