• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie to Bariatric Surgery at SRH

chrisy

:) Hi newbie here, just arrived back home from seminar at SRH for bariatric surgery. Next appointment is with diet technican. From Dr referring me, waiting for acceptance,to receiving this appointment for seminar is around three months. At the moment I dont know which procedure to go for or does the surgeon decide which is best for you? Any help would be appreciated x

Hi Chrisy and welcome. I had a sleeve gastrectomy at SRH 5&1/2 weeks ago. The staff on the ward as well as in the clinics are fab - very approachable, understanding and they know what you're going through. The only fault is the waiting, and they sometimes cancel an appointment, but I think this is all a test of your commitment.
Your dietician will discuss the best type of surgery with you, then will agree it with the surgeons. You do have a say in it, but trust their judgement.
If you have any questions, feel free to bend my ear...
Good luck.

Hi Chrissy have loosely met you I think on sWLS WEB SITE, face book . I had a bypass and have amnaged ok with little or no probs, was along process to get to that point but heh i am almost 1 year post now so go for whatever they say will be best for you they know what will suit your body and eating habits best xx

hi chrisy im liz, are you on my sunderland support group page x

Hi justliz could you send me the details of your support group, I'm at the beginning of my journey I have appointment for seminar at Srh in September thanks

Do you live in Sunderland ? If so and you got the seminar I think it's already been agreed, if you don't live in Sunderland then not so sure x at least that's how it happened for me

:welcome:

Best of luck xxx

If you have been to seminar you have funding already approved, thats what they told us at the seminar.

Hello everyone, I had a bypass on the 21/07/2012. Felt great immediately after surgury but since coming home had a couple of problems. Found the diet side ok and managing well, but it's the amount of fluids I am finding difficult. I have never been one for drinking much so this is hard for me also had a few problems with going to the loo, simply every few days I can't. Any advice would be great, lost just over a stone in the past 4 weeks so happy with that.

Found the diet side ok and managing well, but it's the amount of fluids I am finding difficult. I have never been one for drinking much so this is hard for me also had a few problems with going to the loo, simply every few days I can't. Any advice would be great, lost just over a stone in the past 4 weeks so happy with that.

Hi Welsh. I found it a bit difficult with the fluids too, so I bought myself a sports type drinks bottle. I keep it filled with nas juice, occasionally with ice, and I have it with me all the time. I sip at it constantly (apart from just after meals) and it increased my intake. I also make it part of my routine to have a glass of fresh juice/smoothie or something similar at certain times of the day - mine are 30mins before breakfast, 11.30a.m and 4p.m. It soon becomes habit to have it at set times, so you're increasing again.
As for the toilet, I was told a week between going is normal because there's not a lot to come out (eating less). I still struggle though, so take 2 Senna every night and by around day 4, I take Lactulose. Just find the right balance for you.
Good luck and well done on your weightloss so far. :D

Hi chrissy, I'm on the beginning of my journey, I'm attending the seminar at sunderland in September x

Ah right. Well, there are plenty of us in the Durham & Darlington area, if you want to have a chat & a coffee. Just give one of us a shout.

I don't work, so I am free during the day, if you or anyone wants to meet up for a chat.

I think, no matter what stage we are at in our journey, we all need someone who fully understands our feelings.

All the best 'clickity' :) :)

New to post-op Bypass and to Forums

Hi
I had my gastric bypass on 11th August at SRH and have managed the first week of post-op food ok - have struggled a bit with the fluid though. Previously I had no problem drinking 2+ litres of water per day but now have to constantly remind myself!
Will take a bit of time to get used to using forum - so bear with me!

Any tips or advice gladly received

:)

Hello
I live in M-Bro but attended Sunderland, funding approved if you have attended seminar. Referred in about March 11, Seminar June 11, dietician appointment Jan 12, meet consultant July 12 and have my gastro check Aug 12 then on the waiting list. Best of luck x

Hello
I live in M-Bro but attended Sunderland, funding approved if you have attended seminar. Referred in about March 11, Seminar June 11, dietician appointment Jan 12, meet consultant July 12 and have my gastro check Aug 12 then on the waiting list. Best of luck x

Won't be long for you now...

Back