• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH Cancelled and Im devasted and furious too

Lilyscent

I got a new appointment cancelling mine at SRH this morning from 14th May to the 10th September which takes my time between appointments to 11 months.
I am absolutely devasted and furious at the same time. I have worked hard to get myself through this fast like they said at the seminar Ive lost 4 stone since the seminar and stopped smoking in July after my June seminar so have now been stopped 6 months and why so they can move the bloody goal post.. I am so upset with Sunderland Royal. They took on an extra Consulatant supposedly to cut the waiting time not extend it.

Its just not fair and I know I am not the only one this has happened too there have been lots of others too. Its just soul destroying and upsetting when this happens and I just needed to get that off my chest.. sorry.

oh bless you hun, im so sorry. have you rung them to tell them how hard you have worked and that you are worried that you will put the weight you have lost in preperation back on xx

Like you say you are not the only one , so what is their rational ?? Is be getting onto pals to find out what they concidered a plausible reason .
In the mean time ..... breath
Hope you get answers hun x

omg thats awful why are they doing this to people xx

It is such a massive gap! I would find out why. If its not good enough then get onto PALS. Just because you are not the only person it has happened to, don't mean you should accept it lying down. At the least contact them to understand it, as it may be totally legit and make you feel a little better.

(((hugs))) to you and good luck xxx

Thanks Everyone, they didnt give any explanation and having worked for the nhs in the past over the xmas period there is usually only skeleton staff but I shall be phoning them after the new year most will start back around the 3rd January.
My poor hubby has had me in a lousy mood all day, I am going to do my damndest to ensure I dont put any weight back on like I have in the past.
Im going to try to cheer up and enjoy the rest of this holiday period and will phone them on the 3rd January ..

Well done!!! You have amazing resilience and strength of character. Best of luck to you :)

Good luck for the third then xx

goodluck hun xxx

Aw wot a nitemare :( good luck Hun xx

another one joining the SRH disappointed club !! from this forum I have seen many of us who are in the same situation We will all have to stay focussed on the end goal

Keep our chins up (3 in my case) we will all get there in the end xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

that is shattering news keep strong n good luck hun x

Thanks Everyone, they didnt give any explanation and having worked for the nhs in the past over the xmas period there is usually only skeleton staff but I shall be phoning them after the new year most will start back around the 3rd January.
My poor hubby has had me in a lousy mood all day, I am going to do my damndest to ensure I dont put any weight back on like I have in the past.
Im going to try to cheer up and enjoy the rest of this holiday period and will phone them on the 3rd January ..
I would phone them tomorrow, I have been speaking to the secretaries yesterday and today there were 3 on !! Good Luck xx

I will do that thanks hon x

hope you have more success on the phone than I did

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh, sweetheart ... how devastating for you :( I thought a May appointment was taking the mick but September :eek: Ring the hospital tomorrow but I think it is time the MP in your area was made aware of this tendency to put appointments back by months. It really is not good enough & I know it is widespread across the NHS but Sunderland is doing this so often now it is a joke, just not a funny one. :( My experience in Sheffield took 11months from start to finish, including weigh management & cannot see why all the PCT's cannot work in the same way. They will not be happy if in the next 10months you regain the weight you have fought so hard to lose ... :mad: I wish you well tomorrow & hope you do not have to wait until September in the end xxx :) :sigh: :)

I second every word Twink!! I don't buy into the it's not only you so smile and get on with it philosophy. Apathy is not what created progress in this world. I also don't agree with as it's on the NHS you have to put up with everything. We didn't get the NHS by accident. And it continues to exist because of us, the taxpayer. So if we have a gripe, we have a right to express it. It may not have an instant impact, but the more gripes will change something over time.

I really feel for anyone going through this. It may be the most amazing hospital, which is a beautiful thing. But it's patients are being caused undue stress. That is not a beautiful thing :(

I totally agree fuff's and if they delay one of m appointments I won't be taking it lying down! I am going to do everything within my power to ensure this ordeal of waiting is over within 2012 come hell or high water!

minxtress said:
I totally agree fuff's and if they delay one of m appointments I won't be taking it lying down! I am going to do everything within my power to ensure this ordeal of waiting is over within 2012 come hell or high water!

That's the spirit Minx!!! :D

Back