• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oldie but Newbie

Missymo

Hi everyone,
I'm 8 years in to my weight loss journey after a self funded gastric band that has been my worst nightmare!!!! Same weight now as I was 8 years ago even after losing 5 1/2 stone as im sure my gastric band has slipped. I am awaiting my appointment with a GP to get a referral to the weigh ahead programme, it's next week so I'm quite nervous as to what to say and what to expect,I really need help and I'm so worried I won't get accepted, I have a bmi of 46 with no co morbidities. any advice anyone? Thanks in advance, K xx

Hi missy and welcome !
I have a band so will be very interested in how this goes
Xxx

Hello :)
Good luck with your appointment x

I can't help specifically but just wanted to say that I hope you get on ok and the referral goes ok.

Just popped in to say hi and all the very best with your appointment

I though it was 46 with no co morbs as per the NICE guidelines?! but I shall see I really hope so,thanks for your support xxx

Gutted!!!!!!! Went to the docs today for referral to weigh ahead programme to be told they don't do that any more !! I've been referred to the Family wellbeing partnership as that is the only thing in place since W.A.P finished,the doctor was lovely and supportive but she really couldn't tell me what the outcome would be.I don't know whether to feel sad because the support that I was expeciting is no longer there or to feel happy that she has referred me immediately to somewhere else but doesn't know if there will be surgery available at the end or not,she said there is money available for bariatric surgery but I guess it depends if your pct is willing to fund your op. I just don't know which way to turn:(

Oh my goodness! It must be a real kick in the guts when this happens,I can only hope that a swift referral from your gp and all the hard work you have done so far all counts in your favour in the meantime chin up

I was with weigh ahead and then another provider took over and I finished tier 3 with the new service. Are they saying nothing is available now or might the family partnership be able to help?

Im not sure,I guess I will know more when I get a call from them,I tick all the boxes for NHS surgery but I googled the wellbeing partnership and there was no mention of surgery as an option after the usual healthy eating plans, exercise etc and support that they provide which I have done already.I just really hope it ends well.

Back