• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie to WLSurgery

rach1982

Hi all, after searching high and low on the net for some online support I have eventually found you lol. I have been given a date to attend a seminar on the 9th of July at Darlington Memorial hospital. Could someone please help and give me a heads up on what to expect through the whole experience. Many thanks Rach:)

Hi Rach

I don't know how they do things at Darlington but wanted to say welcome xx

Thanks Lincs Lass, im right at the beginning of my journey so looking for any advice from beginning to end x

Hi rach I am at darlo too but my seminar is not untill 30th July!! But welcome and we will be going through this journey together - where are you from?

Hi Strawberrylola, im from aycliffe. Thats great that i have found someone going to the same place as me. xx

Not from Darlington but just wanted to say hi, welcome & good luck :) x

That would be great well i will give you some details on the seminar if you like, im so nervous about going but im sure it will be alright on the night lol

I had semanar in March nurse weigh you and takes forms Mr samier show u DVD about sergery and sleep apnier then will answer questions u mite have then get a talk on diet before and after sergery nurse will give u booklet on diet and tell u to loose weight for next apt mine was 5kg think everybody's was same you will also be given your next appointment mines next week 9 of July 16 weeks after seminar hope this help a little

Thanks Lady S, yeah that helped know a bit that would be going on, was there many people at the seminar im just so nervous but I suppose everyone will feel like that

Missed bit out after seminar have to go docs for fasting blood tests 2 days running then will get apt at hospital for sleep apnier test my blood tests showed I have diabetes now on diabetes meds

Their was about 16 but seemed more because a few took partners or friends it lasted about 1'30 hours

Think should get date on 9th hopefully .other people I no have .times range from 4 to 6 month after this appointment but have to have lost weight they tell u to Mr samier say at seminar no weight loss no sergary they very strict on this

I just wanted to say hi, im not from darlo but Im at james cook, so almost the same , im just waiting for my first appointment after been refered three weeks ago.

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find lots of info on here!
good luck

Back