• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie, very nervous but determined

Lellylion

Hi All

I am just at the start of my surgery journey. I have been thinking about it for a year or so. My GP has already poo-pooed the idea as he says I don't fit the criteria, end of! So I am now looking into private and attending an open evening tonight in Truro to get more info and where to go next.

I have been battling most my life with weight and have just turned 40. I don't want to be 40 and fat! I want to have fun with my kids, not be embarrased at the school gates, not allow anyone to bully my kids because of my weight. I put on a brave face, people say I am the life and soul of the party.....it's all a front, i'm the fat jolly one on the outside and the depressed unhappy one on the inside.
I make fun of myself before anyone else gets the chance to, just to make them think I am OK with how I am.

My BMI is 41 and I need to lose 6+ stone.

Thanks for listening and i'm looking forward to getting to know lots of you.

Miserable of Cornwall

hi and welcome,hope we see more posts and gl 2 night

Hi and welcome to the site. You will find loads of info on here and inspiration to help you along your way. You'll soon find out that we all have or had the same feelings along the way and aspire to become healthier and hopefully happier than we maybe are at the start of our weight loss journey.

Good luck with your meeting tonight, I hope you get some more clarification to what your options are.

I look forward to reading your posts.

:)

Good luck at your open evening x It's a good idea to go and pick up some good info ...hopefully be nice people there too with lots in common.

Most of us have the same reasons for losing weight as you (specially a lot of the parents among us) and we have been through lots of the same problems as you.
Hope you enjoy it here and good luck with your weight loss surgery journey x

Welcome to the forum and good luck tonight.

It may be worth contacting your PCT and finding their criteria for funding. If it sounds like you 'fit 'if' then it may be worth changing your GP x x

Good luck and keep up your determination. xx

:) Welcome to you from another Cornish Maid xx

everyone is lovely here and im sure youll settle in just fine
xxxx

If you are having trouble with your doctor you can look online on the nhs website to see what GP's in your area are registering new patients.
You then call in at the new surgery and fill in a form at the desk, you do not have to give a reason why you wish to change docs.
Why not do that if you feel you are being prevented from getting help properly?

I think its fair to say most of us know exactly how you feel. We like to get the jibes in first to save face but inside you feel so humiliated. The very best of luck with your chance of surgery and I hope it all comes good for you

jane xx

Hi and welcome, as said before this forum is great for advice and information, ive found it a god send. Dont let your gp put you off, you obviously want this for a good reason, so stick to you guns. Good luck tonight and look forward to reading more about how you getting on.

Take Care Sam x

welcome to the family hun x

Hi and welcome. I think most of us can identify with your post!
My GP had the same reaction as yours. She said I was too slim, I was over 19stone for gods sake!
So I went off and sorted it myself. Best thing I've ever done.
Good luck! xx

Hiya,

Your story sounds like mine except my gp suggested a band, I went to the weight loss clinic at the hospital, had tests etc and the pct turned me down twice. I decided that I couldn't go on the way I was so have gone into debt for the £6k the op cost. I am sure it will be worth it though x

Hi :) Welcome to the forum!!

H x

Hi and welcome from a fellow newbie....i can sympathise with your frustration....apparently im not big enough to qualify for NHS help so am having to go private. I hope you got some useful info at the meeting in Truro. Looking forward to getting to know you :)

Back