• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kevin1708

Century Club
The term ‘Newbie’ reminds me of the TV show Scrubs (excellent, albeit American, comedy). I am one of those people (less we forget we are all people when all said and done) who wakes up on a morning and am pleased to be the perfect 175lb and it’s a similar story when I go to bed. When I watch shows on TV (American again) such as ‘Half Ton Dad’ and alike I shake my head and say “How did they ever let themselves get like that . . .” Then there is the reality check and I realise that I am out of breath just walking 100yds and that XXL no longer fit . . . . what has happened ? Then I catch a glimpse of this other unknown person from the corner of my eye – a fat (though very handsome) chap weighing maybe 325lb what is he doing in my house, more to the point what is he doing in my mirror . . . It has taken me many years to accept that I have a problem with my weight – I have fluctuated between 252lb and a max of 325lb – I tried desperately to lose weight when I was at 275lb (Weightwatchers, eak the only man) – I would win the award for biggest weight drop each week and coupled with cycling 100 miles a week I dropped to 190lb – I felt great, friends thought I was ill (charming) – spent a fortune on new clothes – that was 4 years ago, what has gone wrong . . . I am out of excuses ! ! ! Now at 325lb, I am not inclined to exercise and simply put off dieting because I am going to this event or to a restaurant or a party and I will start the diet TOMORROW – but tomorrow never comes. It would be great to chat to others in a similar boat (or cruise liner) and to hear and see pics of post op success. Many thanks for listening, Kevin

Welcome Kevin and good luck with your surgery.

Which hospital are you having your bypass in? I'm due to have my wls in April at the Nuffield.

Von

Hi Kevin. Welcome to the forum.
What a brilliant introduction! I totally relate to what you're saying.

Pre-op, I would look in the mirror and see a size 10 petite lady looking back...then wonder why I could only get into size 26/28 clothes!

I see you're in Leeds, that's not far from me, I'm in Harrogate.

I had my surgery in August last year and it's one of the best things I have ever done. Every day I am thankful for this most precious gift. :D

I look forward to getting to know you and sharing your journey.

Grace xxx

Hi Kevin and :welcome2: to WLS...its great to have another male on board :D We have some very succesful men on here, they have all had different types of surgery too. Im just over 4 months out from a bypass and 6 stone down in weight! Im over the moon...mainly the health benefits of loosing the weight is brilliant but mentally I feel lots better too :D Good Luck on your journey XX

hi Kevin
welcome aboard chap you will find this site a mine of information and support you could not be in better company, look forward to reading ur posts and following ur journey

Hi Kev and welcome,always nice to have a man about the house.Hope you are housetrained though!We ladies are very nice,genteel,unasuming little flowers of female humanity.Yeah and if you believe that!Watch out for that Dottychic...thats all Im saying.Maz x

Hi Kevin and welcome. I can just imagine us all on a cruise liner LOL. Bev can we change the venue of the summer meet?????
You will make lots of friends on here and find lots of useful advice

Hi Kevin! Welcome. I am fairly new too this sight also, but love the ppl on here! I had the bypass January 24,2011, so I'm a little over 2 weeks out. I haven't really learned how to movwe arounsd this sight yet, or add pictures. I tried the other day, but don't think it worked LOL!
I hope all goes well with you
Keep in touch
Brandi

Thank you all for your well wishes, it is fair to say that I am a tad nervous but this is outweighed (he he he ) by the desire to get back into a 34 wait trousers - I have a pair in my wardrobe, admittedly they are flares and somewhat out of date but still . . . one day! I have lots of questions but no one ever seems to be in the chatroom !

I understand that ss milk plays a big part in the post op diet . . . I do hope so as I love ice cold ss milk – but I also love beer (oh dear !)

Is it true that you get inebriated with a simple sniff of the barmaids apron once post op (and daring to have a drink).

There are so many positive stories on here is really uplifting . . . the gastric band appears to be almost a fashion accessory for some celebrities so I am guessing that this type of surgery will become ‘acceptable’, almost commonplace (but not on the NHS) almost like plastic surgery, breast argumentation and alike . . .

Do we have any Leeds or Yorkshire members who attend support groups or forums who might be kind enough to pass details to me ?

hiya love its working ok but got a bit bottom trouble at the mo sorry to be so graffic so im going to doctors today see if they can stop it its very uncomfortable xx but its keeping me fit running up to the toilett haha xxx

Back