• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Kevin,

You need to have made 50 posts before you can access more info on the site. I believe there are more rewards for more than 50 but haven't sussed that out yet.

I have only managed to find out that there is a support group in Middlesbrough but no details of venu or dates. If you do find one in N Yorkshire, let me know please.

I'm sorry I can't answer any of your diet questions as I'm having the new POSE procedure so the post op diet will be more like that for a gastric band for the first 4 weeks, pureed and sloppy......can't wait.
I'm sure someone else will be able to answer, although if you have the time to trawl through the site, all the answers seem to be there.

Von

Sorry Kevin, just re read my answer to you and it may have come over a little abrupt.....wasn't meant to be at all but written it in a hurry.......

Hi Kev and Welcome to the mad house!

If you play the `word` games where you only need to add a word or 2 then you will pick up 50 posts in no time; which allows you more privelidges!

Have a good luck under the green headings above if you need information at all - there is a limitless amount to find!

Love Kat x

Hi kevin i'm a recent newbie,its early days for me,but the ball is rolling i have my 1st appointment with the bariatric nurse on 15th march.Should be january next year for me sometime.This forum is amazing.Any questions, there is always someone who can answer them.Good luck on your journey look forward to hearing how it goes.

Again thank you for all your kind thoughts and advice. I am surprised by some of the posts in relation to waiting times and alike . . . When I decided WLS was the way forward I saw my doc who, kindly agreed to refer me . . . some 6 weeks later I had my one and only appointment with my Consultant and will be under the knife, so to speak, in April (it was going to be earlier but the antitheist is on holiday – inconsiderate twit !) ~ all in all probably less than 15 week process . . .

I know lol.....thats why I said it ;) and thanks for the young lady :D Ive not been called either of those for some time :D XX

Welcome to the site Kevin. It's nice to have another bloke on the site. You seem to have had a speedy journey so far, April will soon be here and the only way will be down! Weight-wise that is.

Hi Kevin, Thanks. It went like a charm mate. A few stalls on the way but I've pretty much plateaued out now, but I'm fine with that. I managed to get my diabetes under control, discharged from the hospital clinic, discharged from the sleep apneoa clinic and discharge from the coronary clinic. I think that counts as a result!

If you get your posts up to 100 you will have access to the Bronze diaries and you can read of my exploits. Not least of which was my recent engagement. Life has improved beyond my wildest dreams.

Back