• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have been trying for a few days to register but for some reason couldn't. I use Google Chrome and I just had a thought this evening,of trying to register through Explorer and heyho it worked, so pleased as just found the forum and have things to ask.

I started my journey back in July 2012, GP sent me to a course run by Live Well Suffolk. Did this for 5 months, learnt a lot more about food than I already knew and lost about one and a half stone in the process. But it's taken me until 5th March this year to get an appointment at the hospital obesity clinic as took a while to get the funding approved.

Tomorrow is my 3rd appointment when I will be put on my pre-op diet which I intend starting on Wednesday. I have to go on a milk diet for 8 weeks , then another 8 weeks on milk and solids and then the final 8 weeks just on solids. I have to drink 5 pints of milk a day plus take vitamin and fibre supplements. I have to go to the hospital every 2 weeks until I have completed this course.

I'm not lying in saying I think it is going to be hard, but I have no option than to follow it through, then at the end, the hospital will then decide whether or not I have bariatric surgery.

Wish me luck. After reading this forum for the past week, I realise that there is so much support from everyone, and from people who are or have been going through some of the anxiousness I feel at the moment. I have good support from my husband and family, but it's not the same as someone who knows what it is like to be in my situation.

I look forward to reading more of the very interesting threads on here.

Pamala

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I haven't been here long, but everyone seems lovely and very supportive.

Good luck with your journey to the new you :)

that sounds like a lot of pre-op! best of luck to you on your journey & you will find lots of help, advice & support here :)

(I use google chrome with no problems, are your chrome security settings too high? or cookies blocked maybe)

Hi and welcome xx

Wowsers hunni that sounds like a marathon.............. sorry Hello :) and a huge welcome hun, its a fantastic site for support and advise by the bucket load lol everyone's friendly and frankly, i couldn't have done it without the site..............so your in the best place :) wishing you all the very best with your pre op, pre op, hope it goes well and you get your surgery at the end. Just remember it will be hard, stick to it to the letter and you will be just fine. Anytime you want to rant, scream, shout just come here LOL HUge hugs coming your way in advance :) loads of luck too x x x x

hi welcome and good luck

Hello you! Your onto a great forum I look foward to reading your next post

Hi and welcome.

Wow! 24 weeks on a pre op diet before the decision is made to go for the op. I dare say that you would lose a fare few stones of weight during those 24 weeks. I did a liquid diet for 3 weeks and lost 1.5 stones!

Good luck with it. Ask any questions, you will get a great load of advice from the lovely ladies and gents on here. Providers aren't the greatest at erm.... providing information, but you will get anything you need on here by just asking. You will often find that others are wondering the same thing.

I can only echo what others have said and say that is a hell of a pre op but best of luck with it and welcome

Thanks for all of your wishes and offers of support - I am sure I will be needing it.

Well, starting tomorrow - 1/2 pint milk for breakfast.

I am actually looking forward to the challenge. I wonder if I will be saying that a week down the line.

After appointment with dietician at hospital today, went shopping today for a good supply of milk and also stocked up on food for hubby that I hate i.e. liver, fish, steak and kidney, hoping that will get me over the first hurdle.

Also found out I have to inject myself each day - has anyone else had to do this pre-op?

Now going to take a before photo and measure all the important bits.

Night all.

Pamala

Thanks for all of your wishes and offers of support - I am sure I will be needing it.

Well, starting tomorrow - 1/2 pint milk for breakfast.

I am actually looking forward to the challenge. I wonder if I will be saying that a week down the line.

After appointment with dietician at hospital today, went shopping today for a good supply of milk and also stocked up on food for hubby that I hate i.e. liver, fish, steak and kidney, hoping that will get me over the first hurdle.

Also found out I have to inject myself each day - has anyone else had to do this pre-op?

Now going to take a before photo and measure all the important bits.

Night all.

Pamala

Hi love...wishing you all the best for today and the weeks to come. I'm looking forward to reading your journey xx

I had to inject for 7 days post op

I've got 2 weeks of injections for post op.

I had 7 my son had foot surgery 2 weeks b4 my op he had to do 25 days

Back