• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well second day finished on milk diet - feeling good - but struggling to drink all the milk - of the 5 pints per day - yesterday I only managed 3.5 pints and today it's 4.5 pints. I am also having a stock cube (for salt) plus two pints of water (included in my cups of tea). Haven't felt hungry yet, early days I suppose.

Found out a bit more about the injections I have to administer. Have another appointment with my gp on Tuesday to show me how it is done. It is known as GLP-1 - it's for diabetes type two sufferers and as well as doing what it is supposed to do it seems that it helps with weight loss - that is the reason I am having it. I am diabetic but that has been controlled with Metformin - I think I still have to take it, but will get that confirmed next Tuesday.

Are there any of you out there that are my age, I am 62, it seems to me that you are all younger?

Pamala

Good luck with the diet! I cant imagine drinking that much milk!!! I think that daily amount would last me more than a year!! :)) i really hope i will have an option to pick a different kind of diet Before the op :)

I am 26 :) so a little bit younger :)

Welcome and best of luck :)

try milky drins like make coffee with hot mail maybe as for the injections i am also type 2 and never had them but since op have stopped all my metformin

Well day 6 finished - 11lb lost so far. Still struggling with the 5 pints - not managed one day with that amount yet. Got to 4.5 pints. After day 4 was getting bored with just plain milk, water and OXO, so bought some sugar free jelly crystals and am making a pint of blancmange with milk from my allowance - I can have one of these sachets per day. Can't stand sweeteners, but it does give me some variety, am getting rid of the taste of sweeteners in my mouth for a while with the help of sugar free gum, (I can have max. 3 pieces per day). Didn't lose any weight today, see what tomorrow brings, I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves daily, will stop this when I know that putting myself through this is working. Can't complain about it though, don't feel hungry at all and not even craving any food, strange. Start my injections tomorrow. Only 50 days to go on this stage.:eek:

Pamala

Hi Pamela how goes it hunni? Sounds like your managing really well, still can't believe what an ordeal you've got to go thru before you even get near to the op :( your a far better, stronger woman than me lol bless ya :) sending positive vibes you way x x x ps i'm 47 gl with the injections too :( i was a total wimp when i had to do em...................so much so i got hubby to do it lol gl hun x x x all the best

Well 10 days in and a total loss of just over 14 lbs - I know I shouldn't weigh myself each day, but been a bit disappointing for a couple of days - put weight on yesterday - how's that happen - I know it was only a tiny bit, but putting myself through this makes you think it's not worth it, especially when hubby is eating healthier meals than we did and he has lost 1/2 stone in the same time and he isn't overweight:jelous::jelous::jelous:

Have been feeling a little down today, but know the show must go on, I suppose that's to be expected, thought I was doing so well too. Have stopped the sugar free jellies today to see if that makes a difference, that's when my weight loss slowed right down when I started eating them. I still can't get through the five pints. Back to dietician on Tuesday, so will see if she thinks that's OK.

Injections, no problem, the needle goes in without me realising it. But the nurse has asked me to check my glucose levels each day too, and that needle in my finger, I can't handle, but I am being brave enough to do it, it took 4 goes to get some blood out today, one prick is bad enough.

Oh well onwards and upwards, let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

Pamala

Hello, I'm new too to this site,

My date has been given to me for my wls, in September.i have been given the choice of a milk diet or a food diet ( chicken and veg, no root veg), for my pre op diet, two weeks before surgery.ive been reading on here about the pre op diet, a lot of people seem to be doing the milk diet,but I'm going to choose the food diet,has any one done this?

Hi...Welcome! I'm starting my pre op diet a week tomorrow. I'm having yogurt for breakfast, slim fast shake for lunch and a yoghurt and a tin of weight watchers soup for tea.

Looking forward to starting it now.

When is your op? X

Hi...Welcome! I'm starting my pre op diet a week tomorrow. I'm having yogurt for breakfast, slim fast shake for lunch and a yoghurt and a tin of weight watchers soup for tea.

Looking forward to starting it now.

When is your op? X
Hello, I've booked my date for September , by my own choice as I have a special birthday this year and want to celebrate my naughty 40th,
Good luck with your pre op diet

Well now three weeks in and a loss of 21lb, but have stayed the same for 4 days, incredible really as I am not having much milk or drinks at the moment as have had a really bad cold/cough for just over a week and can't face any food. Does NOT eating stop you losing weight. Felt really bad for the past week, very weak and bad headaches, not sure if it's the Ketosis settling in or the cold/cough situation. Got an appointment with Dr. yesterday but she wouldn't give me anything for it, she thinks it will be gone in a few days, I hope so. I have had a little more fluids today. The dietician said I really must have the 5 pints per day, she OK'd the 4.5 pints but I must not go any lower than that. I wonder what she will say if she knew what I was having at the moment.

At my last appointment with dietician (last Tuesday) I asked at what stage am I at with the Tier 3 system and she confirmed I was on Tier 3 and that Tier 4 (the next step) is surgery. No idea what the Tier 1 & 2 are, just happy that I am on the stage preceding surgery.

I have been experiencing bad diahorrea (liquid) on this milk diet and was told to take Fybogel to losen me up, well I certainly didn't need that, I asked the dietician if it would work in reverse, so she said to try it and it certainly does work, so far no rushing or accidents.

Only 35 days to go on the first stage of this programme before they will introduce some food to the eating plan. I hope I can stick with it. Hope I have lost tomorrow, anything would be nice as long as it is a loss, cause it sure makes you wonder why I have been the same for the last 4 days, a bit depressing I can tell you.

Pamala

Not eating/drinking can cause a gain or a maintain you have to have an intake to lose try to get something in you and doctors won't give anything for a cold and they do say feed a cold starve a fever good luck and feel better soon

An update - I am now in my 7th week of the 8 week milk diet. I have lost 16.2kg/36lbs. My dietician and I are very happy with this loss. It has been quite easy for me, but would have been easier had I not been ill - had a really bad cough and cold, now I am suffering with a kidney problem - on antibiotics - I also have hemmeroids(spelling). It would have been nice to just concentrate on the diet. My next 8 week programme will be half food and half milk and I was also told I would be given a tablet to take daily that helps me to lose weight - can't remember the name.

So to reach the required target for the first 8 weeks I only have to lose another 4lbs by the 15th July, my performance so far makes me think I can do it.

My dietician said I am on 1500 cals per day and will be for the whole duration of the entire 24 weeks.

The good thing is my blood pressure had come down a lot and is very good, my blood glucose levels are excellent now and have had no swollen feet since I started - but I've only lost 2st. 8lbs., didn't think it would make that much difference already considering I still have sooooo much to lose. If I lose 1/2 lb tomorrow I will be in the 25s and not 26 stones, doesn't it make a difference.

A huge hello and a very big welcome.
I'm pre op and got to say that without the support of the people on this forum I would have been totally lost and have given up all hope of ever getting anywhere as although I have my other half and family who love and support me it just isn't the same. Defo in the right place. Best of luck with your journey no matter how long or short it will be :)

I remember when you first posted re your diet , i said wowsers that's a marathon and i cant believe you are still there hanging on in WD hunni that is blooming amazing you must be so proud of yourself dam it even i'm proud.......... i.
i'm impressed at your drive and determination and what a fab result even this soon on with your health you must be feeling great too (apart from the little blips along the way)
I can i can say is WD again and wish you all the greatest luck for the next half marathon ........ you've got this no problems :)

Yay yay yay routing you onwards and downwards x x x x

Back