• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all

hootch

I'm Nick, I only started on this journey in January and last week had my second visit to the Luton & Dunstable hospital.

I have just been put on a low calorie liquid only diet for 5 weeks. Only allowed to have 4 pints of semi-skinned milk per day, which can be flavoured with no-sugar crusher milk shake flavouring or no-sugar jelly crystals, plus another litre of fluids.

Seems, and feels, like a long trek..

Welcome aboard! You're on the way now though! Keep plugging away at it xxxx Hope you enjoy being here x

Hi Nick,

I'm also under L&D and you are in good hands with that team.

I have gone through the milk diet and now I am waiting to see the surgeon on 2nd June, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Welcome and good luck x

Hi Nick,

Im at the L&D as well,im on my milk diet at the mo and am due to go back on may 23rd for my weigh in to check ive lost my 5% so i get my surgeon appointment...wooo hooo

This site is lovely so friendly and theres quite a few L&D'ers at all different stages.

Good luck with the dreaded milk diet,lol

Jacqui

Hi and Welcome, good luck with the milk diet.xx

Hi Nick . . . welcome. You will find this forum very friendly and informative. I see your goal weight is 224lb ~ at 6'0" this will leave you obese (BMI 31.6). I mention this because I too am 6'0" and have concerns that if I reach my ideal weight and BMI I will look like ‘death’ - I have played a lot of rugby and am quite broad so carry the weight well (hmmmmmmm, I think my mum might have just been being kind!) . . . I just can’t imagine myself at 12st 7lb ! Anyway all that aside good luck with your journey.

Why do you all have to do a "milk" diet? I didn't have to do anything like that at all, just liquids for three days before surgery.

Hi Rabbit Moon

I am very new to this (only just being referred to my PCT for funding) but I have read lots of lovely posts on here and have learned lots. As far as I can see most hospitals require a milk diet (or similiar) for about 2 weeks before surgery to shrink the liver and help make the surgery easier.
In addition some hospitals (eg Luton & Dunstable, which is the one that I will probably be referred to) put you on the milk diet earlier on in the process for 4 weeks and expect you to lose 5% of your weight. This presumably is to test your commitment to the process, your tolerance of a liquid diet and also I suppose any weight lost before the surgery helps with the safety of the surgery itself.
If I have got this wrong I am sure someone with more experience will be along shortly to correct me :)

Back