• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not another newbie.....!

Welcome to the forum... :welcome: and wishing you all the very best in every way with your weightloss journey...

Sending a humungous hug and loads of love... Bev xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::happy096:

Welcome ! Good luck with your band xx Any queries please come ask us (check the links below my signature.)

Hello wanted too wish you well. Hope u dont mind me asking but I know ur have gone private but I thought they still had to attain within the nice guidelines, its just that I noticed ur bmi is 35, hope u dont mind me asking xx

thanks for the new messages, getting a bit nervous now cos the ops on sunday...arrgghh!

Blue diamond-when i started doing research into having the band most places said they would do it with bmi from 35 as long as other related conditions ie diabetes etc (which i have none, so i thought it was a no no) but when i actually went for my consult, they said it wouldnt be a problem due to long term issues with my weight, as i had previously had a bmi of 43 some time ago before yo-yo-ing down to bmi of 28 and then back up again to 35 (and climbing....) so preventative measure rather than reactive i guess...!

Well I had my op yesterday at dolan park, and all the staff were lovely and really looked after me! I am battered and bruised where my port is, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in a few months time...hopefully! The liquid paracetamol they have given me is utterly rank though, I'm wondering if I could have effervescent paracetamol , if I let the fizz go down?

HIYA !!! Glad you are all done and hopefully recuperating x
I should think if it's totally flat the fizzy stuff would be fine. Always phone them and check no matter how insignificant you think a problem is though, as we're not experts x
Get some wind relief in ready in case you need it now though as that wind pain is horrible sometimes. I used deflatine and gripe water and found them useful. Plus gently toddle about now and then if you can and of course the usual sip sip sip the liquids!
Speedy recovery x

HIYA !!! Glad you are all done and hopefully recuperating x
I should think if it's totally flat the fizzy stuff would be fine. Always phone them and check no matter how insignificant you think a problem is though, as we're not experts x
Get some wind relief in ready in case you need it now though as that wind pain is horrible sometimes. I used deflatine and gripe water and found them useful. Plus gently toddle about now and then if you can and of course the usual sip sip sip the liquids!
Speedy recovery x

Thanks for the advice in the wind nina! I'm feeling pretty crappy right now, just sent the hubby out to 24 hour asda to grab some deflatine! And I'm not even feeling like a cuppa tea...disaster!

Back