• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newby

Sam Craig

Hi
My name is Sam im new to this site.
I have been going to Homerton now for 6 months and i think im near to getting my surgery date but im not sure about surgery now cause I have just started the Alizonne weight loss program. My Sister found out about and my Dad has said he will pay for me to do this but can only afford 6 months. We are hoping that after 6 months it will have given me enough loss that i can carry on doing this without surgery. Its the surgery they dont want me to have.

Hi Sam, welcome to the site.
you need to do what is right for you not what your family is worried about you said your already 6 months down the road and it sounds like your dad is paying for it because they have concerns
you may need to show them so research on WLS maybe show them some entries on places like this something to put their mind at ease maybe even go with you to your next homerton appointment
just a few ideas

Hi Sam.

Hope you can do it without the surgery. But for me, no matter how often I loss weight, it always goes back on :-(
Very hard to make a decision so huge when those around you are not behind you

Good luck. Whatever you decide will be the right decision for you. WLS will still be an option at another time if things don't work out with the diet x

Hi Sam
I am new to this site too.
I have never heard of Alizone weight loss programme but wish you all the best trying it.
Unfortunately although I can manage to lose weight I put it back on so much quicker than losing so hoping the band will help me to lose and then maintain.
Good luck in whatever you decide to try.
Susan :)

Hi Sam and welcome

I've just had a very quick look at the Alizone website and find the whole thing a little 'suspect'. They are making a lot of claims with very few details of what the treatment entails. Plus there are just some total inaccuracies. I've just read a few paragraphs on elasticity of skin. Once a 'fibre' has broken no treatment at all can fix it - the most you can hope for is to maintain the elasticity you have. As I say, it was just a quick read and I may be wrong but with there being one underlying principle to losing weight (eating less calories) I can't see this being successful for anyone who has tried other ways and not succeeded.

That is totally my personal view and accept others may disagree :)

I can understand your families concern. But this has to be your choice. Having said that I don't envy you your position. If your surgery was probably going to be over 6 months away it may have been worth appeasing your family and trying their plan. But if it's less than that you might try the system and still be in that honeymoon stage of a new diet (whenever I've done SW and WW I do great initially but in the longer term can't keep it up) when your date comes through, turn down surgery and then pile the pounds back on.

I do wish you luck whatever you decide to do (and apologise for my still in bed, no caffeine yet rambling a!!) xx

Hiya! I totally agree, we can all lose the weight but cant maintain the loss, I am having a sleeve for this reason, to assist me not overeating and eating the wrong foods.
Its like an addiction is food, in my mid 20 s i starved myself on three bowls of bran flakes a day, I dropped to under nine stone, I loved it, size 10 clothes from an 18. But every so often I got the desire to binge and about one every three months I would buy as much naughty food as I could and stuff it down. Normal skinny people dont have this issue, its like food isnt important to them. Unless you have an issue with food you cant understand it.
I dont have an addictive personality so its not to do with this. Its just a craving my body has for food.
I dont drink alcohol but alcoholics do and its like telling them not to drink. Once they are sober they still crave alcohol and always will, food is very much the same. Its a very destructive addiction, it makes you drive to mcdonalds drive thru at 2am for a burger and milkshake!! You feel guilty about it, you feel judged by people, its pretty crap really but try explain it to someone who doesnt have this issue, they dont get it at all. You spend your life on some sort of diet, the term "just eat a healthy diet" is a total fantasy.
I know the sleeve wont change my head, that will always be there, but it will help me gain control again and eat small portions, eat protein instead of garbage, otherwise i will make myself ill. I am so positive about this operation and for a new start. I know im not as overweight as many of the ladies on here but im fed up of every day battling with what im going to eat and "i will start again tomorrow".
I dont comfort eat, yes im greedy, i over indulge but i cant stop...roll on 26th!!!

Hi Sam welcome to the site.
Just read your post, and I have to agree with lincs Lass looks a little suspect. I hope you can do it without the surgery, for me I can loose the weight because I have to, but if there was no Doctors etc pushing me, I know I would be back to squire one.

Good luck with your decision.

Back