• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Me and my battle with the bulge (Gastric Band)

Great read particularly as I'm under Claremont/Wendy. First fill next month and can't wait x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

So pleased you have managed to sort things out Tam.

Great read particularly as I'm under Claremont/Wendy. First fill next month and can't wait x

Listen to wendy! she is brilliant and went that extra mile to help me yesterday......i bet some other providers would not have done what she done for me!

what a nightmare. glad all is well :D

wow never a dull moment eh! lol. hope u are well now. weight loss has sloooooowwwweeddd away down for me so am goin to book for my 3 fill... still have good restriction with the 2nd one... not sure if its a fill i need or join weight watchers to control my intake

4 STONE GONE!!!

Sorry ive not been around much, but life is changing.

Weight is coming off and im averaging 1.5lbs a week since the operation and im very pleased with myself. Now just about getting into a 18 and yes that red dress fits me - a little tight, but i can get it on.
Compliments and confidence are amazing :)

Still not planning on another fill as most foods are hard to get down. Some days they go down fine and others there is no chance.

In a way im dreading xmas dinner as ill only have a few mouthfulls but im planning on having a few vodkas beforehand which help with looseing the band.

Hope everyone is doing well and im hoping to get more on the boards in the new year when ive sorted out a few of my problems.

If i dont update before.....have a great christmas all xx

Hi Tam, so nice to see you back and to read the update. 1 1/2 lbs a week is great!! Red dress - I am sure you look fantastic. Hope to see you update before Christmas, but if not, hope you have a fabulous time and everything sorts itself out xxx

No we want to see pics of that red dress I am sure u look fantastic well done on the 4 stone it is amazing. Keep it up girl :):):):)

Well dun hun ur doin great have a great Xmas x

6 STONE ALMOST GONE!!

My god its amazing....best thing ive ever done, even though at times i hate it!
Ive not had a fill now since october last year and im not going to need one anytime soon. i have good days, where i can eat almost anything and everything and the i get days where nothing goes down and i live off water....but im used to it now. There is no pattern to it, its nothing to do with stress, its just 'tight' days. when i get these days i dont get hungry at all so it doesnt bother me.
The hardest part about this band is now being single and dating. Men always want to take you out for a meal, and its just a waste of money for me now, so if i do go out, i tend to eat a bite of food every 30 minutes throughout the day and i find by tea time i can have a meal....but its preparation ive never had to think about before!
I love not having to think about food really...its insignificant in my life now...i take it or leave it. Very rare do i get hunger pains and a salad is ample for me now.
My C25K is coming along...im not taking it 100% seriously i do a bit now and again, but i can jog on a treadmill now for 15 minutes solid. Tomorrow im gonna go for 20 minutes. I never have been able to do that!!

Im now lighter than my 2 sisters which is amazing and im the same size as my mum so can pinch her clothes.
Im a size 18 top and bottom but can get into a 16 from some shops.

The weight is still coming off me. My diet on a typical day is:-

Breakfast: cup of tea
Mid morning : cup of tea
Lunch : coffee
Mid afternoon: maybe some crisps or nuts
dinner: meat or fish salad with french dressing
supper: chocolate / icecream

i cant eat until mid afternoon, anything before then gets stuck and im sick.
I drink a lot of tea and coffee so pee like a race horse and this helps with flushing out the fat too.
I know i may get critisised for a bit of a poor diet, but i do have a my daily protein allowance and always my 5-a-day

my GP checked me recently and is well pleased with my overall health. no blood pressure issues or anything. urine sample was spot-on nothing 'abnormal' found etc...

Yes i have the odd takeaway, not because im an angel, but because i only have them if i know for a fact im having a good eating day!!

Occasionally my port site feels a bit tender but it always has done, especially around TOTM.
As for them, nothing to report. 3/4 days max and very light.

Its amazing getting all the compliments, i never get bored of them, especially when i see people who havent seen me in years....they r blown away and hardly recognise me lol

Ive got another 12 months to loose another 3 stone and be at my personal goal, im going to try and do it by xmas but that means exercise, and i hate doing it, unless i wake up with a big burst of motivation lol ive never been an athletic person, even though i really want to be one!

well thats about it for now, just an update for you all.

Hope your journey is a good as mine!!

You are looking great tam, and sound so positive. Enjoy the dating. I loved it when I was single ... Built up my confidence no end. Sometimes it's great not having to compromise isn't it. Those three stones will drop off in their own good time and how great it is to lose the weight without having to think about food. Best of luck and have loads of fun xxx

Hi Tam

Lovely to see an update from you!

What a shame that men are always wanting to take you out for meals lol but I know what you mean, I really struggle eating with *strangers*.

You look fantastic in your new pic xx

Yeah news from Tam. So glad to hear you are going great. Enjoy dating xxx

Back