• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Me and my battle with the bulge (Gastric Band)

love your diary and so happy for you. you are doing so so well. I hope i will do just as well when my times come x

Still lovin' your diary! I keep thinking thats where I'll be at the same stage! Inspirational ! xx Thanks x

6 MONTHS POST OP TODAY!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!

WOW! Its gone so fast - i cant beleive after 6 months im still loosing weight and still motivated. Each day is just brilliant at the moment.

Im feeling really good about myself, ive got the drive and energy to do activities and im looking good even if i say so myself. The compliments are just rolling in.

I had to work saturday night but as it was a saturday there is no dress code so i went casual. Everyone was looking at me and saying how good i looked...i could have stayed in work for 12 hours to hear those compliments. When you have been fat and frumpy for sooooo long, its real good and one hell of a confidence booster to actually hear nice things about your appearence being said.

Ive been asked to go paintballing with the lads from work in 2 weeks time :-O i really want to do it, but as usual the demons in my head are saying the boiler suits wont fit me and you will look like a telly tubby!!

So 45lbs lost forever. Ive noticed my portion sizes are creeping up and i dont feel like ive much restriction so im going to book in for a 4th fill. Ill also check this time that i dont have a leak..because...for 5 weeks ive had good restriction and now its reduced.

On a personal note and another observation, my husband is really, really loving the new me ;-) if you know what i mean!

Thanks to all who are reading my diary and commenting - it really helps keep me motivated!

Oh my gosh, where has the time gone? We had our ops really close to each other.

You have done so well xxx

Here's to the next 6 months xx

Stef x

so many congratulation! It gives me so much hopes reading your diary :) I like the husband bit too hihi. I so wish I will be writting the same thing once I will hit the 6 months mark! Well done and keep going, you are an insperation to us newbies xx

STALLED!

For the past 2 weeks ive stayed the same, so i spoke to my provider today and she has advised a small fill of maybe 0.25ml just to help with portion control. So im booked in for next thursday at Liverpool for my 4th fill!
I have days where im tight and days when i can eat a man and his horse and im even managing bread the last few days. Its so hit and miss!

This week im also in a size 20 trouser and a size 22 t-shirt which could easily be a size 20 with another inch off :)

Ive also had a new hair cut, which makes me look very different. EVERYBODY is noticing how good im looking and there even rumours around my factory that im having an affair as the difference in me over past 4 weeks is very very noticeable. Of course ive told my hubby but its amazing how just over 3 stone can have such an impact on you.

Ill change my profile picture when i finish this so you can see how different im looking.

BUT i need to concentrate more on eating good foods. Im trying to get into a pattern of banana for breakfast, protein based dinner followed by fruit salad, then maybe a salad if im still hungry, but im struggling at 3am when im feeling tired and the last food i want is salad...all i want is chocolate or crisps!

Ive also been dancing quite a lot recently, ive bought some dance CD's from the 90's and really cant help but dance to them when ive got them on very loud. Its great dancing along with my son. Its exercise whichever was i look at it. As for my exercise bike....its gathering dust as im just too tired when i get in from work to go on it, and as im working anywhere between 10-16 hour shifts i dont even get the time when i wake up.

As for the paintballing, there is no way im doing it this weekend as its with 30 boys and as im their manager i will get battered, but i will go and spectate, take pictures and go for a drink with them later on. In 2 weeks time they want me to arrange go-karting, i may do this if i can shift 7 lbs!

Im not holding any hope for a weight loss this week, but i may measure myself as the inches are definately coming off.

Whoa what a difference in picture! and you are the lucky one that can carry been a blonde as well as been a brunette! :) keep going, you inspire so many people like me who are about to be banders soon and need motivation. :) xx

Hiya Tam, you look amazing! I am in Liverpool also. Who is your provider? I am at Murrayfield. It's good to know there is a fellow bander close by! x

Tam! You look amazing....what a difference! I'm so pleased for you that its all going well. And I hope your next fill does the trick!!
(Still love your diary BTW) x

blooming heck WOW!! tam is that YOU!? u look AMAZING!!

wow tam, loving ur pic, glad ur still doing well and still motivated xx

WHAT A FEW WEEK FROM HELL!

Sorry ive not been around very much but the last few weeks have been a nightmare for me. I didnt go for my band fill as ive been sooooo busy with work. Its been very tough and the 12-15 hour night shifts have taken their toll on me!
In terms of my restriction, its barley nothing (except TOTM when im pretty tight) and as ive been so busy its been a lot of junk food. Ive put on 3lbs :-(
Exercise has been zero even though ive done lots of walking in work, but the nasty carbs ive been having have evidently counteracted the extra walking.
This week im going to make an appointment for my band fill for 1st of november when im off work for a week. This week off im really going to use to refocus myself!

Ive also been out partying quite a lot with work collegues on social events that they have asked me to organise and as most of them are bulgarian & polish they are very big vodka and whiskey drinkers.

At the moment i feel like ive lost control of my weight loss focus, but im going to get it back....im still not eating the huge amounts i use to. Yesterday i went out for a meal at lunch time with my sisters and had a chili con carne, and only managed about 3/4 of the meal, so the band is working...i just need to tighten it!

Hopefully i can get the time to get back on the main boards soon.

Im also looking for a new job as this one is not sustainable, it a living nightmare at the moment. Too much pressure to deliver with no support. So yes, im doing something about my situation - im not going to fail. By christmas i would love to fit in that size 18 red dress i have!

U ll fit into it I have every faith in u xxx

The stress made me loose weight!

Im now 16st 8lbs which is my lowest weight to date. The stress in work evidently had an effect on me which im fully aware of - but ive sorted it! Spoke to my manager on thursday and removed some of the responsibility...possibly not done myself any favours but im going to leave anyway, so im just biding my time until something else comes along. Im actively looking for another job and im confident ill find something soon.

Ive also booked in for my next fill....thursday at liverpool. Its been 13 weeks since my last fill and ive lost a stone since i last saw wendy so hopefully she will be pleased with my progress...i know i am overall.

I still can managed much food in the morning, its about 2 hours after that i can get food down. Gone are the days i can eat a fried breakfast. I cant do bacon at all which is a killer as there is nothing better than the smell of bacon especially on sunday mornings.

Ive also my sex drive improving ;-) (sorry if TMI) but this is what my diary is all about.

Tomorrow im going to see a medium!!! my sister went last week and the chap was brilliant, he told her things nobody could ever have know (like how she verbally beats herself up at night when failed at her diet) even i didnt know she done this! im really hoping he will tell me some positive things as i am quite down at present with my work life.

Thhanks for all the nice comments about my new picture - yes i do look very different. Everyone in work is noticing but the rumours are still very strong about me. People assuming im having affairs???? just because ive lost some weight, put a little extra make-up on and wearing nice clothes.....this is what confidence does!

So now i dont start work until 9pm at night, so im off to the supermarket to get myself some decent food in and now ill have time to prepare a decent meal for when in work. A few weeks ago i cooked a chicken breast and minced it up with some mayo and sweetcorn...it was delish and filling, so ill definately be doing some more of that this week...and of course lots of fruit!

Ill let you know how i get on with my fill this week, but im also going to ask her to take everything out to make sure im not leaking.

Have a good week all :)

woop well done tam.... doing amazingly as always!

FILL NIGHTMARE!!!

So i travelled by train on thursday to liverpool for my 4th fill. After chatting with my provider we decided on 0.75ml extra into my band. I also asked her to check that i was not leaking as i had lost restriction which she done. She noticed i had some air in my band and took this out. Immediately i felt a tightening in my chest but 'assumed' it was down to the air being removed.
I sat in the reception sipping on water but was most anxious to leave to catch my train back home.
Whilst in the reception i noticed that the water was not going down 'comfortably' and my stomache was making gurggling sounds and i was burping a lot, but i decided i would be ok and left to catch my train.
As i got on the train, the nightmare began. I was salivating so bad that my mouth was full and if i tried to swallow, it got worse. I had to jump off the train 2 stops early and throw up on the platform. After waiting 45 minutes for the next train and being sick a further 3 times i finally made it to chester railway station where i legged it off the train to be sick again!!! there was no way i could make the 15 minute train ride from chester to wrexham so i called my dad to pick me up. I knew i was too tight at this point but once again 'thought' i would be ok in a few hours.
When i eventually got home, it got worse. Every 5-10 minutes i was being sick. Sometimes it was phlegm, sometimes pure fluid and sometimes only what i could describe as coca cola but very acidic. My throat was raw, my back felt like i had several daggers in it being twisted and my chest was extreamly tight. even breathing was painful.
I could not keep my saliva down nevermind any water so i was sooo thirsty!
I had difficulty contacting my provider but eventually got hold of her and she knew straight away i was too tight and this would continue until i had a defill. She said i could try a&e but doubted they would help me and my only option was to visit her at her house the next day which was 2 hour car ride.
I went to a&e but after 2 hours of waiting and explaining what a gastric band was, they could not help me. They did contact the claremont hospital where i had my op and contacted my surgeon (i bet he was happy lol) but they couldnt help me at all. For a start not only did they know didly squat, they never had the needles to defill.
I went home and the nightmare continued. I could not sleep at all.
Eventually my husband woke up and said he would take me to bradford.
As soon as we arrived i was lying on the sofa and having 0.5ml taken out. Immediately i felt great! water went down a treat and ive never been so glad to have fluid. I was soooo thirsty.
Now im ok, still very tender on the inside but im taking calpol for that and taking tiny sips of fluid for the rest of the day.

Trust me on this one...never put yourself through it....its the worst experience ive ever been through....and yes ive had a child!
When you go for fills, make sure you can confortably get water down. any frothing, gurggling, burping or salivating may mean you are too tight and just ask your provider if all is ok before you leave.

Yes ive learned my lesson, and the hard way too!

I now know i can only have small fills (0.25ml) at a time as im very sensative (my provider told me this)

So its fluids for 3 days, then mushies for 3 days and yes ill be sticking to this after what ive been through.

So glad its all over!

Oh God Tam, you've really been through it haven't you? I'm glad you've got it sorted. I keep thinking about having another small fill but I'm scared it will end up too tight. Hope you feel okay now and the weight keeps falling off! X

I am so glad you are on the mend x

Back