• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newly banded

yvonnebanded

Hi I was banded last Tuesday & am really struggling at the minute. Any advice would be great.... I'm feeling really sick and am wondering it there too much fluid you can take.

hello Yvonne, welcome to the site, i cant help but i`m sure someone on here will come along soon to offer advice

Argh thank you. I think I'm just having a really down day & emotions are high & so is my sickness feeling lol. And I hate being sick.

Hello and welcome!

It's only a week since someone prodded and poked you, moving your stomach around and putting your band in. It's a huge thing to go through, so it's no wonder you're emotional!
I don't think you can drink too much fluids without constant swigging, but if you have got any concerns at all speak to your provider. There's not much you can ask that they've not heard x

Argh thank you both. I've woke up better today trying to put any negative feelings behind me. Onwards & upwards so they say. I think I just hit a wall yesterday felt like I'd never eat normal again and was thinking what have I done. I'm loosing weight though I've lost 7lb since surgery so it's doing something right lol. Could I ask ladies did you struggle with going to the loo, a tmi moment I know but I haven't been since last monday. Sorry any advise I'd gratefully received. Thanks again xx

Hi Yvonne, I so far have been very lucky in this respect, managing to go naturally ever 2-3 days. I do know however that loads of my fellow January oppers have had major and I think painful constipation that they have had to take medication to assist.

Head on over to the January thread, there is a wealth of advice for this on their (sorry I'd provide the link if I knew how....)

Take care
X

Argh thank you both. I've woke up better today trying to put any negative feelings behind me. Onwards & upwards so they say. I think I just hit a wall yesterday felt like I'd never eat normal again and was thinking what have I done. I'm loosing weight though I've lost 7lb since surgery so it's doing something right lol. Could I ask ladies did you struggle with going to the loo, a tmi moment I know but I haven't been since last monday. Sorry any advise I'd gratefully received. Thanks again xx

It is very common on these early days to struggle with constipation and indeed until you are eating normally. Try something such as dulcolax or dulcoease, they are tiny tablets so are ok with the band. You can try something such as senokat or indeed buy lactulose over the counter. All of them are ok to take. Also try to include some sort of fruit juice, or something such as actimel, can also help and fits with the liquid only stage you're on.

Welcome to banded life :)

Thanks both I shall try the actimel, fruit juice option and if no succes I'll go for The big guns :)
When did you move onto pureed? I've been told 4 weeks... its going to kill me

Thanks both I shall try the actimel, fruit juice option and if no succes I'll go for The big guns :)
When did you move onto pureed? I've been told 4 weeks... its going to kill me

You have to go with what your provider advises as it's their guidelines you need to follow.

My own was 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mashed then normal foods. But we also do 3 days liquid post fill followed by 3 days mash

I had (and occasionally still have) constipation. I've tried a few things, but always endup going back o movicol!

Hope things move for you soon;)

Yeh think I'm going to gave to. I'm not in pain from it but I'm concerned its been nearly 10 days now. I'm just thinking of the weight loss when I finally do ha ha.

I'm currently been kept awake by the itchy feeling from my scars. Which i suppose is a sign of healing. They were glued and for the last 12 hours I'd say all I've wanted to do is scratch them, I've resisted though but oh god its torture :)

How are you finding life after surgery? Xx

Yeh think I'm going to gave to. I'm not in pain from it but I'm concerned its been nearly 10 days now. I'm just thinking of the weight loss when I finally do ha ha.

I'm currently been kept awake by the itchy feeling from my scars. Which i suppose is a sign of healing. They were glued and for the last 12 hours I'd say all I've wanted to do is scratch them, I've resisted though but oh god its torture :)

How are you finding life after surgery? Xx

I had glue too and it does tend to itch its also a sign that it is starting to get ready to fall off lol

With regards to life after surgery - its had its ups and downs. Ive struggled to find restriction and still haven't after 13 fills. But they believe there to be an issue with the band which is now being investigated. but I've lost 11 stone, so its changed my life immensely :)

It can be a battle learning to work with the band, changing your eating habits, it takes a LOT of willpower. But it is a great tool to help you with losing weight :)

Wow 11 stone is amazing. I hope they get your band sort. I've been told fluids only for the 1st 4 weeks then pureed. My fill should then be 2 weeks after this. Will I have any restriction at all prior to my 1st fill? I'm worried I could eat more than I should and undo some of my good. I know my bands a tooland I need to make healthy decisions I just wondered what the restriction was like prior to a fill. I know I've got a 10ml band with nothing in at the minute. Thanks for any advice xx

hi welcome and good luck

Wow 11 stone is amazing. I hope they get your band sort. I've been told fluids only for the 1st 4 weeks then pureed. My fill should then be 2 weeks after this. Will I have any restriction at all prior to my 1st fill? I'm worried I could eat more than I should and undo some of my good. I know my bands a tooland I need to make healthy decisions I just wondered what the restriction was like prior to a fill. I know I've got a 10ml band with nothing in at the minute. Thanks for any advice xx

How you getting on Yvonnebanded? I've got my first infill on 20th February, I met up with a friend the other day and she has 7mls in a 10 ml band, she hardy ate anything at lunch time, like you I have nothing in my band and I must of ate 3 times as much so really don't think I have a restriction at all.

How you getting on Yvonnebanded? I've got my first infill on 20th February, I met up with a friend the other day and she has 7mls in a 10 ml band, she hardy ate anything at lunch time, like you I have nothing in my band and I must of ate 3 times as much so really don't think I have a restriction at all.

Morning huni. Its lovely to hear from you. I bet you can't wait to get your fill done. You will have to let me know how you get on. I wonder how much they put in at 1st? My friend had a band 8 yrs ago now & assures me it doesnt hurt.

I'm back to work today so have a my slim fasts and yoghurts all ready to go. I can also eat the small tubs of rice pudding no problem. In saying that I don't think I've any restriction at all as I have had a couple of nibbles of things & managed just fine. Although I've still technically another week on fluids so I'm not pushing it, but my god its getting me down. I was very proud of myself I took my son to McDonald's the other day and I had a coffee. I've lost 10lb since my op. 1stone 10lb in total since I started my pre op diet so I can't complain. I'm sure my loss would be more if I hadn't realised choc buttons just melt on your tongue & go down a treat. Its time of the month at the mo for me too so im craving choc like mad. On the plus side I've a new dress today for work which is 3 sizes smaller. Keep in touch huni xxx

I hope so too, I go back this week :)

Will you feel restriction after your first fill? Possibly, some people do, some don't. Some will feel a difference for a short period of time until it wears off I know a few people who have found restriction after 1 fill, and one whose first fill led to a defill as it was too much - it really is unique to each person, but it's important to stick to the guidelines and work with the band.

Just because we can eat more than we should, it's not worth risking stretching the pouch or causing band issues.

In saying that I don't think I've any restriction at all as I have had a couple of nibbles of things & managed just fine. Although I've still technically another week on fluids so I'm not pushing it, but my god its getting me down.

It's quite possible that you don't have restriction at all and when post op swelling goes down restriction from that will ease off too, I know it's hard to stick to the guidelines, but having nibbles on a liquid only stage is pushing it. It puts the band and the pouch under pressure and you're taking a risk with something that's only just been placed, it's not worth the risk Hun.

The guidelines aren't easy, and the band can be hard ongoing as you work to find restriction, but stick to the guidelines as they are there for such a good reason and it's not worth taking the risk of slippages, pouch stretches or worse.

Hang in there Hun and work with your band :)

Back