• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Bromley and Bowel Movements

glitterangel

Hi All,

Lots of questions to ask about Gastric Banding and Ballooning, as not sure what to have.At the moment i'm wondering whether anyone has has it done on the NHS in the Bromley area.??? And :eek:(sorry) but how were your bowel movements after ???. Is there much contisipation???. And finally did anyone have complications????

thanks

Glitter xxxx

Hi Glitter

Sorry cant help you as i'm a bypasser, just wanted to say hi, i expect one of the banders will be along in a bit to answer your questions :D

Hi Im also a bypasser and if the bowel movements are the same then my experiance is I have only been for a bowel movement 4 times in 3&1/2 weeks

Last edited:
tell me about it lol been doctors to get gylisarin suppositries (my spellings getting worse) so hope they will help

I'm a bypasser and since about day 4 my movements have been completely normal!!

I was constipated for a full 7 days after the op but that was the lack of food and fluids, its completely normal now (just smaller amount)

i have a band, the bowl movement stopped for just over a week, but it was down to the pain killer codiene.

woooo hooooo had number 5 today 4 weeks after op Im looking at 1 a week at the mo (sorry if thats far to much infomation )

Grom whats your secret :confused:

Prune juice was a big help in the early days!!! Also drink plenty of fluids. I gues it depends on how you were pre op too - have always been a regular girl myself!!!

was regular one a day girl before the op so never thought about it Got some tinned prunes in will have to blend and add to some yogurt

Hi thanks for your replys, l'm hoping that l'll be okay but am a little sensitive when it comes to constipation, and now know that for me it tends to be linked to not having enough fluids so will obviously have to be careful.

xxx

Hi GA,

I don't recall seeing anyone on here as long as I've been here from bromley, but I could be wrong. Sorry.

Shel

Back