1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
    Dismiss Notice

anyone from Bromley, Kent area under Mr El Hassani.

Discussion in 'General Surgical Weight Loss Discussion' started by Laura Byard, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Laura Byard

Laura Byard New Member

Start Weight:
    18st3.7lb
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Mr El Hassani
    Hi,

I'm new to the forums, I had my first Hospital appointment with Mr El Hassani at the PRUH on the 5th March 2018. He said i could have the surgery and would be getting a Gastric Bypass. He gave me a blood form and said i would need to be seen at another appointment after bloods were done.

I was so shock that i got told yes i could have the surgery i forgot to ask questions of what is the wait time etc.

Has anyone had the surgery recently able to give me a rough time scale on how long the wait was from start to finish (op date)

Many Thanks

Laura :)

Rowland and Emma1504 like this.
  2. Emma1504

Emma1504 Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    24st8lb
    Current Weight:
    22st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(7.27%)
    Welcome
    This is a good place to get answers to any questions you have. The support here is really good aswell.
    I can’t help with waiting times as in a different area & only at the beginning of this journey.
    Good luck & keep us updated x

Ninakate likes this.
  3. Ninakate

Ninakate Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.14%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Hi @Laura Byard sorry I can’t help you with your questions but I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss journey:scale: xx

Laura Byard likes this.
  4. Laura Byard

Laura Byard New Member

Start Weight:
    18st3.7lb
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Mr El Hassani
    Thanks for the lovely welcome :) I had a letter waiting for me when i got home from work last night saying i have t do the Tier 3 weight management programme first before moving forward to the next stage, so now just waiting on appointment dates for that to come through. I'm so excited about my journey and new chapter in my life :)

Emma1504 and Ninakate like this.
  5. Bling Babe

Bling Babe Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(37.23%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    MrJain
    Surgery Date::
    5th April 2018
    Hi and welcome you’ll get lots of good advice and support on here, good luck