• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Referred in Southampton.. Needing Advice..

Bandit123

I've just been referred but really struggling to get an appointment. Does anyone know what the process is with co morbidity? Is it still 6 months long before surgery referral? My GP hasn't actually told me anything and just sent off the paperwork! Any information is highly appreciated, Thanks :)

Parsnip

I've just been referred but really struggling to get an appointment. Does anyone know what the process is with co morbidity? Is it still 6 months long before surgery referral? My GP hasn't actually told me anything and just sent off the paperwork! Any information is highly appreciated, Thanks :)
Hi and welcome,
Every hospital does things so differently that I wouldn't want to guess your hospitals timeline. Why are you struggling to get an appointment?
I would suggest you get the 6 month timeframe out your head for your sanity. Without wanting to be Debbie Downer, even if you manage to complete tier three in the 6 months sometimes afforded to those with BMI above 50 with comorbidities , then it could still be another year waiting once referred for surgery (in some cases).
It can seem like it takes forever, but use the time wisely because it will fly past. Do lots of research, read people's diaries on here (most of the more recently/regularly updated are in the bronze section and require over 100 posts to view). I'd also highly recommend a book called 'Living with bariatric surgery' (I've added a pic of it). Use the time to get yourself in the best possible place to ensure the surgery has the best chance of success. Just jump in and Ask questions. We're a friendly bunch although the forum is in a bit of a slow patch ATM so don't be disheartened if there aren't loads of replies x

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190730-183137_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190730-183137_Chrome.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 4

Bling Babe

I would reiterate parsnips words, good luck xx