• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Funding

Alexandra410

Does anyone know how I apply for funding I paid for my band by myself and now need a bit of surgery done for my loose skin but not sure how to apply ny suggestions please

Does anyone know how I apply for funding I paid for my band by myself and now need a bit of surgery done for my loose skin but not sure how to apply ny suggestions please
i believe you have to see your gp and he applies to the pct, good luck x

i believe you have to see your gp and he applies to the pct, good luck x

Yes, I think that is the way it goes but it is incredibly hard to get funding for this type of work in the current climate. There will be someone along soon to answer your question better soon ... good luck xxx :):)

You will be very lucky to get plastics work funded through the nhs now.You had to be bmi of 25 for two years and then only if your skin was drasticly affecting you they would do it.I was told as I signed for my surgery not to expect plastic work on the nhs.I think you will have to go private,Good luck anyway.Maz x

When I got the letter from the PCT informing me that I'd been successful for NHS funding for my wls there was a paragraph that made it very clear they do not 'routinely' offer post weight loss cosmetic procedure funding and that I would have to be prepared to fund myself if I want work done later on.

Tatiana

Tatiana said:
When I got the letter from the PCT informing me that I'd been successful for NHS funding for my wls there was a paragraph that made it very clear they do not 'routinely' offer post weight loss cosmetic procedure funding and that I would have to be prepared to fund myself if I want work done later on.

Tatiana

Thank you I thought as much oh well better start saving the £3000 for it or maybe I'll win the euromillions tonight lol .

Alexandra you have to see your GP for a referal
I have got funding for a tummy tuck in the last month and I haven't had to maintain at all though I did have to have my BMI below 25
It really does depend on your PCT

lamornamiss said:
Alexandra you have to see your GP for a referal
I have got funding for a tummy tuck in the last month and I haven't had to maintain at all though I did have to have my BMI below 25
It really does depend on your PCT

Thank you for that bit of news I have seen my GP and he has done referral so fingers crossed and my BMI is 23 so hopefully I'll get it ,I bet u feel great having tummy tuck bet it makes a difference I have such a lot of overhang on my bingo wings it's horrid and I done plenty of exercise but never helped and I would love to wear nice short sleeved dresses or tops thane again I'll keep you updated .

I have never come across a pct that will do arms or legs.
Tummy tuck and boob job if you are lucky but nothing else.
Good Luck
Let me know how you get on

Hy everyone hope all is going well for you all just thought I'd update you all on my weight loss so far well I was banded in Oct 10 and have now lost 10st 1lb so ive had some removed from band as never thought I'd hear myself say this but I feel to skinny so I hope to put on a wee bit but not to much as right now I'm so cold all the time ( no fat to keep me warm anymore ha) just thought I'd keep u posted

Back