• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS gastric band in crewe

River

Hi im river, My gp refered me for the band as i asked (my bmi is 40) and ive recevied a letter after two long months of waiting. Basicly it says its for a weight managment programme and assessment next week. Im in a mad panic of worry, are they fobbing me off with a diet instead ? If anyone has experience with this programme, id be so greatful as im worried to death ill never get it.

Hi im river, My gp refered me for the band as i asked (my bmi is 40) and ive recevied a letter after two long months of waiting. Basicly it says its for a weight managment programme and assessment next week. Im in a mad panic of worry, are they fobbing me off with a diet instead ? If anyone has experience with this programme, id be so greatful as im worried to death ill never get it.

I would think it was a pre op assessment, but having said it might be worth you giving them a call and asking them what this "weight management programmes entails" at least it will put your mind at rest good luck and keep us posted.

A lot of PCTs insist that you attend a weight management programme for a set period of time (anything from 1 month to 1 year) prior to granting you funding for surgery. It would be advisable to contact the PCT or PALS and ask them for the funding criteria and referral pathway for your area to see what hoops you're going to have to jump through.

Ah thank you :), i did talk to a lady and she said it was an option of loosing weight without the band aswell as an assessment for the band.

My appointments on the 14th, so not long to wait.. just really hope i have an actual choice here cause last thing i need is another dietician!

Good luck with your appointment, I'm sure everything will turn out fine for you

Sometimes this is one of the request you have to fulfill for your pct to grant funding. Its so they can see how comitted you are to losing the weight. Just do as they ask and your journey should be easier.Good luck for the 14thxx

Thanks everyone for your support :), its so hard when you dont know whats going on. I want this so badly, i dont know what id do if i get turned down as i cant afford the surgery myself.

Thanks everyone for your support :), its so hard when you dont know whats going on. I want this so badly, i dont know what id do if i get turned down as i cant afford the surgery myself.

Thats what we're all here for, to support each other so don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have. There's always someone with an answer lolxx;)

Back