• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass in Nottinghamshire

Loco

Hi, does anyone know what the Nottinghamshire criteria is for having a gastric bypass? I've been looking in to having a gastric band, but have come to realise that I probably need a bypass instead. I know I qualify if they follow the NICE criteria, but my doctor is sooo unhelpful:mad:

I have a BMI of 55 and I'm 27yo. I've been on Reductil for about 6 months and this has made no great change to my weight. The last 2 times I have been to see my doctor he suggested a gastric band and when I asked him (the last time just 2 weeks ago) if I would be entitled to it on the NHS he asked me what my weight was (couldn't even be bothered to weigh me!) I told him that I weigh 23st, he said 'you'd have to be about 28st. There is a private clinic...'. I'm sure this is a load of rubbish, and it makes me so mad.

I am so depressed at mo. I left feeling worse. Can anyone give me any information- all it says on the BOSPA website is that they are awaiting info- not helpful!

sorry I can't help with this but did n't want to read and run. I'm sure some one will be along soon who can give you the information that you need.

Alia xxx

Hi,

You could contact your local PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) and ask them to find out for you. Just google the name of your PCT and PALS to find it.

Shel

Thanks for that Shelbell. I'd emailed Pal yesterday in hoping that someone would email today- but alas no luck. So I just gave them a ring (no-one there!!!). Have to try again another day;-)

Back