• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Night out, pub food

Kath in Buxton

I know these kinds of posts crop up all the time, but just wanted to share :)

Recently Robin (hubby) and I have moved house, as some may know from reading other posts. We now live in the small (if not touristy) village of Castleton, in Derbyshire. Anyway, last week when we were out walking we noticed that one of the local pubs was having a 'Leek Night' so decided to go along, thinking of it as a chance to get to know a few local people. Anyway, there was a pie and pea supper as part of the evening events, so Robin ordered us one each!

Well, when they brought out the food, the servings were enormous. One plate full would feed 4 - 5 of us post-oppers on here!! However, I ate just under a quarter of what was served (the meat in the pie was really tender) and most of the peas. Everyone else at our table cleaned their plate, but, I have to say that I really enjoyed what I had, and all in all it was a nice evening out!!

Its all about QUALITY not QUANTITY well done.

Did you have some of the pastry too kath?! I'm steering clear of anything like that at the mo as I know with me if I get the taste for it, I'll be on the road to ruin lol. So nice to be back eating out tho isn't it!! x

Great to hear Kath xxx

It's good when you can still enjoy yourself and do "normal" things again and work with your surgery, Karen x

Ah Kath, I love Castleton ... we were there last week. Have had several meals at some of the local eateries but none post op. Glad you felt able to do that & show everyone that there is life after bypass, lol. xxx :D:D

Good for you....its lovely to know that others are already enjoying the normal things in life:):)

Funny thing is though, there were 3 other couples at our table and they all cleared their plates! I did say to the bloke next to me why I had only eaten a little, and he was really understanding, and told me that he thinks his daughter may need a similar op!! (Of course, he will have told his wife, she will have told her friend . . . but I'm not ashamed. It's one of the best things I've ever done - second only to the hubby and kids!!) xxxx

Back