• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nightmares

Danielle1979

Hi all, hope everyones doing well.
I just wanted to share something hoping that it might help with the problem.
It will be 5weeks till my gastric bypass tomorrow (wednesday) and my nerves seem to be kicking in. Iknow this is completely natural, i wouldn't be normal if i wasn't getting worried, but my worry seems to manifesting itself into nightmares, but not nightmares about the operation. I don't usually suffer with nightmares, but twice now i've felt the covers being dragged off me, then i wake up in absolute terror only to realise there still on me. And the worst one was, someone was standing next to my bed and the pictures on my wall were changing into weird shapes. I'm waking up tired in the morning and if this carries on i'm gonna be a nervous reck!
Thanks for listening

Danielle xxx

Hi Danielle,
It's natural to be nervous, but just look at all the success stories on here and try to think positively about how the rest of your life is going to be post op.
Also try not to eat late in the evening if you can help it. It may be an old wives tale but It won;t hurt to remove it from the equation.

Good luck with it all
Brian

Hi Danielle , you poor thing , you must tearing your hair out ... have you thought about what the dream represents ? maybe if you understood it it may help... it seems like you are mentally embracing your change ... and maybe the fear is down to the fact that in a space of a few hours your life changes forever...the removal of the sheets may represent your your unveiling ?... if it was a slower more gradual process , it could be easier to deal with it in bitesize portions(no pun intended) maybe you could start now with small changes ? also the fabulous milk diet is fantastic at helping you to mentally adjust to the change. some fear is very healthy , but if you are losing sleep over it ... try to talk to everyone on here , you will receive the very best support possible , i guarantee it . take it easy xxx

btw , keep a note of your dreams and feelings ,as an ex CPN , its a very handy tool for understanding yourself ! all the best xxx

Back