• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What Are You Most Looking Forward To.

Mrs Quiggle

I'm looking forward to fitting into our new bath properly. It's a bit shorter than normal and I fit in it like a cork in a bottle. Can't wait for the water to be able to flow around me. :0bathtime:

I'm looking forward to being able to buy what I want to wear not what fits.:tshirt:

I'm looking forward to needing a coat in the winter, not just because it's raining.:badmood:

I'm looking forward to having the energy to actually do something in the evenings rather than sit on my bum with the laptop on my lap.:chores016:

I'm looking forward to my feet not aching just cause I'm standing around a bit.:grumble:

I'm looking forward to not waking up with a bad back every morning.:4635:

The bath one is fab! My hips don't touch the sides anymore and I can get out without my knees screaming in pain.

I'm looking forward to taking my friends kids to the swimming pool on our holiday next week. I've always been left behind in the caravan before whilst they all go, because I was too embarrassed to be seen. I may still be a size 18 but I'm sure I won't be the only one so I can cope with that. Just need to keep my arms clamped to my sides because my bingo wings are still those of a size 28 woman.

Walking into regular shops, and browsing the rails, and choosing what I like!!

Sitting at a table in a restaurant and not having people stare and watch to see how much I'm actually eating!!!

Buying sandals that actually fasten around my ankles!!

Having my knee high boots zip up again!!

wipe my bum without a fight :D

All of the above and many more.

I really can't wait to be able to jump in the tub and be able to sink under the water, I don't go in the bath at the min totally a shower person twice daily to lol.

I can't wait till I can go to my wardrobe and pick out the blouse I bought last week and slip it on ( baring in mind it's currently 7 sizes to small ) it's the blouse I'll wear when I know I have my life back. it's not been taken over by food or weight and that ladies is what I really can't wait for.

I am looking forward to being out and nit feeling as though people are looking and sniggering at me, I've had some nasty comments in the past and always think people are saying it now. Not having the kids teased coz they have a fat Mum but most if all....being me again, I appear to have lost me under all this skin ;)

It's just occured to me that I haven't had any of those nasty comments for a while now! People used to shout things out of their car windows or stare at my stomach when they passed by. Nobody does that now. I'm still obese but I think it's less to do with my weight and more to do with the fact that I walk with confidence and my head up high now. I don't look like an easy target.

I would agree with that Yorkiegal, it defo has something to do with confidence, something I have lacked for such a long time, I avoid going out. I do feel that sometimes I am over paranoid and when I think they are looking they may very well not be. I had an egg thrown at me out of a car window, it was just kids being idiots I wasnt the only one they targeted, but they shouted "Oi Fatty" and when I looked up I could hear them rolling around with laughter. I have never been so humiliated from there on in I dont go out by myself or at all if I can help it. Cant wait to get my confidence back.

For me, it's clothes. It's always been a big issue (no pun intended!) as I've been obese since I was about 8-9 years old, so I've never had the chance to wear "normal" clothes. My mum used to force me into what she thought I should be wearing in my teens, so instead of shopping at New Look and Miss Selfridge I was dragged round M&S and Hamells to wear "classic cut" clothes. God, I hated everything I wore as a kid! So I'm looking forward to finding my own style - already started by buying a sweater dress and knee high boots to wear with leggings, and got some great responses :-D

Also, I cosplay as a hobby (Cosplay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and have always felt like my size and weight got in the way of me wearing and doing what I really wanted to. So I'm really excited about the prospect of having so many more options opened up to me :)

Singing! I recorded because the kids kept bugging me, I put them on FB for the family to hear and got 100 likes!! I adore singing and would love to do it semi professionally.

Nicki and Yorkiegal, the way you've described having been treated has left me feeling sad and sick! What sort of horrible people would be so nasty and cruel! I can't wait for both of you to get your confidence back :)

About 6 months ago I was in Ikea with my Tim and the children and a woman pushed past me and said 'God it must be so hard being as big as you' I was absolutely gobsmacked. Had I had the chance to answer back I'd have said 'I might be fat but you're ugly and I can diet.

People are so cruel, you think when your a child that the bullies wont be there anymore, truth is being grown up just means a bigger playground with bigger bullies. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

People are so cruel, you think when your a child that the bullies wont be there anymore, truth is being grown up just means a bigger playground with bigger bullies. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Oh, I'm over it and like I said, I'll be slim and beautiful in a years time but she will still be ugly on the inside and still have a face like a bull dog chewing a wasp.:D

Oh, I'm over it and like I said, I'll be slim and beautiful in a years time but she will still be ugly on the inside and still have a face like a bull dog chewing a wasp.:D

You are soooooo right!!!!! Go, girl!!!

I can relate to the majority of comments with regard to "what are you most looking forward to" ... especially the ones like "fighting with my bum on the loo", "not being able to get out of the bath", having the energy to do the housework, not dropping off in front of the tv, having more self esteem etc., etc.

However the other things I am looking forward to is being able to field trial my dogs again, without having to ask people to push my backside over the stile, or lift up the barbed wire high enough in order that I can roll underneath!!! Trust me, I lost my pride a long time ago ... and no-one laughs at me ... but they certainly laugh with me!!!

I have two excellent dogs ... and I am the one that lets them down!!! These days I have to pick the grounds I take the dogs to ... not for them, but for me!! :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to doing all the things I've watched other people doing for the last 25 years. Never again will it be me sat there looking after all the bags and coats. Next time I get on a plane I'm going to be able to get the tray all the way down, and use the loo. I'm going to buy a new bed and not break it. I'm going to accept invitations to nights out with my slim sister and friends. I'm going to go shopping with my daughter and buy something nice for both of us not just her. And last but not least, I'm not going to base my entire social life around eating, whether it's meals out of holding dinner parties for friends. I'm going to leave the house for an evening and not eat!

About 6 months ago I was in Ikea with my Tim and the children and a woman pushed past me and said 'God it must be so hard being as big as you' I was absolutely gobsmacked. Had I had the chance to answer back I'd have said 'I might be fat but you're ugly and I can diet.

Ugh, that is awful!

Though I have to say, that is my most favourite saying ever and I have used it to people's face on occasion :-D

Back