• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No loss this week :(

zns

Im feeling really down and stupid. I havent lost any weight this week according to my scales (they arent that accurate but I think its right) Ive started to feeling some hunger again and a few days this week I have had 2 evening meals :cry:

However Im not sure if it is that or water retention, Ive started a period today (first proper bleeding I have had for over a year apart from some spotting the day after surgery).

I suppose I just feel a bit stupid and down and in pain from the cramps and Im reducing my antidepressants to stop these and start some new ones and the general pain I have is getting worse as ADs also help with pain.

Oh hun!!

It is HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE when it happens!
But do not despare. I always loose absolutely nothing a week before my period. And you have that feeling - why???? What have I done wrong??
The answer is - nothing. For me it is just the way my body works, cos when my period comes I use 2lbs staright away.

Considering 2 meals in the evening - are you eating slider foods ( foods which don't restrict your stomach too much, for me it is mash, youghurt, sladad, stuff like that)? If yes - cut them out. More protein, which fills you up quicker and for longer and you will be on the right track!

Dont worry hun it happens, Ive been the same for about 10 days! Im not happy about it but I know it happens and even though it makes us miserable the losses will start again soon :D XX

I sometimes get the full feeling and other times not, it really isnt easy is it! Im hoping as time goes on I will learn to recognise before I eat too much :D XX

Firstly zns i know i don't need to tell you we weigh heavier at our special time :) But... you are going to have weeks of no weight loss, i've had a few and they suck big time! Just remember it's your fat staging a sit in, however it will be evicted because you have the RNY GBP Police in there sorting it out :)

Keep the faith xxx

Totally sympathise with you. I'm on week 3 of no weight loss & can't blame time of the month. Good luck :)

With a new show of the dreaded curse, it's no wonder you haven't lost anything this week...unfortunately many of us suffer from water retention in the week before we come on...I personally can put on pounds just before my period! Really stretching to find a silver lining here, but at least your period is back on the scene! I do sympathise with feeling low about no loss this week, but we all know we will get stalls at some point. Also, it sounds like to me, just for peace of mind, it might be worth investing in a new decent set of scales, so at least you can get some consistency from week to week xxx

I have to admit that before my period I'm always hungrier. Prior to my surgery I would go on a chocolate/sugar fest. I found this time that I wanted to eat more food. I'm expecting a stall soon as I usually put on weight prior to my period. Have you tried drinking hot chocolate (low cal), with added dried milk when the urge strikes? I have found this helpful.

Rebirthxx

BRING ME BACK AS A MAN thats all I say!!!
Ive had 2 periods in 2 and a half weeks!!
This has never happened before,could it be the bypass?

BRING ME BACK AS A MAN thats all I say!!!
Ive had 2 periods in 2 and a half weeks!!
This has never happened before,could it be the bypass?

lol, without a doubt, all that eostrogen coursing about your body...I was over a week last for my period after my op (hell would normally freeze over before that would ever happen) and I have come on again over 10 days early...considering I am regular as clockwork every 3 weeks this was the ultimate insult! xxx

lol, without a doubt, all that eostrogen coursing about your body...I was over a week last for my period after my op (hell would normally freeze over before that would ever happen) and I have come on again over 10 days early...considering I am regular as clockwork every 3 weeks this was the ultimate insult! xxx

lol...u know Im very regular too,so when I started again this week I was livid!

lol!

Thanks guys, I hate periods meh, at least if they do come back properly I might actually get my main reason for doing all this. x

Exactly! Try to really look for the silver lining....difficult when you are feeling a bit grouchy but at least the plan behind the WLS seems to be slowly grinding into motion xxx

Back