• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No loss!

content

It's now 2 weeks since I have lost any weight and I am really struggling now to stay positive. It's nearly 4 weeks since my sleeve op. Nurses keep telling me not to worry.....but I am now! :cry::confused:

Sorry to hear that, but I am sure that if you are patient and follow your post-op diet as closely as you can, the weight will begin to fall off again.

Remember that our bodies are adjusting to a huge change and they are still trying to settle down after surgery. Also remember to drink you water.

Your body has been through a major trauma, I stalled for 5 weeks post op, I'm now 11 months post op and I'm 10st 4 down so don't panic just keep the fluids up xx

It's now 2 weeks since I have lost any weight and I am really struggling now to stay positive. It's nearly 4 weeks since my sleeve op. Nurses keep telling me not to worry.....but I am now! :cry::confused:

I understand your worry but as others say, keep up the fluids. Also, are you having any trouble eating? Not eating enough can stall weight loss so if you have no appetite and are not eating at least 3 meals a day, that could have something to do with it.

Thanks for the encouragement, so glad I mentioned this. I think my diet is ok - half Weetabix for breakfast; homemade soup for lunch; either same as lunch or pureed portion family meal if suitable for dinner. I am week 4.

Hi there Content,

I read an article via website. Weight Loss Stall or Plateau

The article states the following reason's why people stall: Too many carbs, under-eating or go more than 4-5 hours without eating, your body will shift into fasting mode, slow your metabolism and conserve your stored energy (fat) or the lack of exercising, exercise can increase your metabolism and burn fat. Strength training will build muscles and will boost fat burning. Also not Drinking Enough, an adequate level of water in your body aids in the effective breakdown of fat, 64 fluid oz of water a day is recommended.

Have a look and good luck

I have stalled at 3 weeks too but I dont think I have been eating enough. I just couldnt do the pureed food. After speaking to my dietician they said to try the soft food now so I am going on to that. Hopefully it will kick start it back into losing again. Content - i had a surgeon called Mr Wan but mine is based at St Georges Hospital but he may also practice at other hospitals. The Mr Wan I had was really nice

I I had a stall a few weeks ago and I was gutted as the scales are our measurement of success. I did drop a lot of inches during the stall though and after a couple of weeks got some good weight loss Remember this is for the long haul and you won't be gaining back any weight. Good luck. Stay positive x

The stall is pretty normal, i also had this but then it kicks back in, dont be disheartened, just keep on with what you are doing, im 9 weeks out nearly and am still struggling to get 500 calories a day but am still losing each week. Keep positive

Sorry for my ignorance - but how many calories should one have on the liquid and puree food diet? I'm having around 550 - 600 calories per day.

My guidelines during liquid and purée is around 600-700 per day. So it would seem you're doing fine.

Back