• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no more insulin

tray

had my first diabetic appointment with the nurse today, she has told me not to use any insulin, just tablets as my levels are doing good. i have been using insulin for 5 years, she also weighed me and i have lost another 2 kilos in 6 days .. so im feeling pretty good . i also bought some new tops today and i have gone from a size 26/28 to a size 18/20 top so im one happy bunny today ....:talk017:

Fabulous news on all accounts. Well done. :D

brilliant news but dont be slashing out just yet hun you wont be in that size for long either! good going! well done ! xxx

Fantastic news sweetie! Been there, done that and being told to stop the insulin injections makes it all worth while. You've done really well with your weightloss and clothes sizes too. You must be over the moon. xx

i am a lot more possitive now . my nurse asked me if i would recommend this op to others , i told her if she had off asked me that question 4 weeks ago, id of said no way dont ever have the op as i so regretted it , but now id tell them that it is bloody hard, but it is also only a tool and it needs a lot of work , but with hard work and a lot of understanding of it it can change your life.

I am so pleased for you Tracey...
Well done on the loss...
As a fellow diabetic i am so pleased your off the insulin....hopefully in a few weeks you'll be of the tablets too...:cool:
At least now your hypos will decrease??
I cant wait to be in that position....
WELL DONE HUN XXX

I had a choice of Luton or Birmingham...
I was born in Luton and grew up there,so i know the place well :cool:
I am glad I choose Luton...I have hear good reports from people there...
Cant wait for this op Tracey....I cant wait to get off insulin..you must be so pleased...:cool:
well done with your weight loss, a couple of weeks ago you had a few concerns..But it appears to be picking up :cool: xx

i didnt lose anything for 5 weeks and that does really get toyou . but then all of a sudden you start tolose it again ... as for the insulin that is a good thing i also am off my blood pressure pills and my colesterol is only 3.2 so its all going good now :)

That is just fantastic Tray, it's wonderful to hear you sounding so positive when you were so low just a short while ago. I'm so happy for you. xx

I am smiling for you hun...
sounds like its all been worth while...it nice to read these posts as it makes us pre oppers(like me) more convinced that this is the way to go...
the weight is going to probably drop quicker now your off insulin..

I will watch your journey with great interest hun xx

Tracey your post has brought a smile to my face. Not only because you are no longer insulin dependant but because in 4 short weeks you have changed your mind thoughts towards your bypass :)

I hope you continue to go from strength to strength both healthwise and mentally. All my love xx

Back