• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WOW!! Would never believe it!!

831phil

Well, I had to come on because I am walking around like a cheshire cat!! If anything, this is a message to doubting pre-oppers!! When I started this journey I honestly thought it wouldnt work for me - I couldnt imagine myself changing shape like all the wonderful people on here - mainly because I have been trapped in this body for so long!!

4 months ago I went into hospital a size 30 - and struggling even with that!! I have gone down gradually but still wear a lot of baggy things. Today I thought I would treat myself and the last top I bought was a 26/28. I thought I would try a 24!!! Bit roomy, so lets just try a 22 and see how far I am off from that?? - IT FITS!!!! I was over the moon - I cannot believe this is working - its hard work at times but its so so worth it - I feel like a different person, I feel alive and dare I say it "normal" - I went into Matalan today and bought 2 lovely tops (in size 22 :D - did I mention that???) and 2 pairs of matching earings and only spent £18!!!!! Can you imagine the cost of that in Evans??? This is an incredible journey which I am really enjoying - its smile smile smile all the way xx have a great day everyone xx :D

Well done you :party0019:

That is the best news Ruth, I am SO happy for you :) You actually posted this at just the right time as I am going in on Monday morning and was thinking, "Will it really work and it is worth putting myself through this?" I think it is because after getting gastric band and failing with that I lost every shred of confidence that I would ever get there. Your success has given me renewed hope - thank you so much :)

Hi Ruth Thats fantastic news, its posts like yours that inspire me and get me thinking on the more positive side of things. Im due my op in just over 2 weeks and to say the least am a little nervous but also very excited. Well done you ! xxx

Woooo HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brilliant.
Its nice to shop at Matalan because things are so affordable that you don't worry too much about only being able to wear them for a MONTH ........... Yippppeeee....
Lynne x

That's just amazing!!!!! Well done you :) I still keep thinking it won't work for me, but posts like this keep me going, thank you :) xxx

Its like all your xmas' and birthdays rolled into one isnt it.Nothing prepares you for the wonderful feeling of freedom this surgery gives us.To feel normal and not wake up and your first thought is your weight/diet.Congrats hun.Maz x

Well done it's the best feeling in the world. don't ever stop smiling.xxx

Hi Ruth, I'm so gad you posted this. I've been having doubts over the past few days about whether I am doing the right thing opting to have surgery. then this afternoon I was out shopping and caught my reflection in the mirror and I felt so depressed that I look the way I do I got in the car and came home and slept for the rest of the afternoon. Just woke up an reading your thread has given me hope not only to potentially look better, but to feel happier and more energetic once I've lost some weight! things can only get better!

Well done on your weight loss to date. You've done amazing!

take care
Lynne
xxx

Ahhh Lynne ... we all feel like this sometimes, in fact most of the time or we would not even be on this forum ... chin up honeybunch xxx

Ahhh Lynne ... we all feel like this sometimes, in fact most of the time or we would not even be on this forum ... chin up honeybunch xxx
You are so right Denise ....... it's one of the best things about this site! we are all in the same boat (I hope it's a supertanker ! lol) and I have to say that your posts do cheer me up and "laugh out loud". you've got a good spirit and like everyone else on here... a good heart!

xxx

Aww thanks, Lynne :eek: ... shared experience is a wonderful thing even if it is something we would all prefer not to have experience of ... lol. You can either be down in the dumps about it or wait patiently for one of our wonderful surgeons to turn us into Cinderella (or in my case a not too ugly sister :eek:). We have a lot to be grateful for as this opportunity is not offered to everyone so we will just try to buck each other up in times of need & we will all have them over the quite long journey to the Palace ... :princess::princess::princess:

Last edited:
Aww thanks, Lynne :eek: ... shared experience is a wonderful thing even if it is something we would all prefer not to have experience of ... lol. You can either be down in the dumps about it or wait patiently for one of our wonderful surgeons to turn us into Cinderella (or in my case a not too ugly sister :eek:). We have a lot to be grateful for as this opportunity is not offered to everyone so we will just try to buck each other up in times of need & we will all have them over the quite long journey to the Palace ... :queen::queen::queen:
.. you are welcome! actually I keep forgetting about others on this site who haven't been lucky enough to have been offered surgery on the NHS due to differing PCT policies, so I should just stop wingeing and be grateful that I've been given an opportunity to turn into Cnderella! or even an ugly sister... as long as she's slim! just hope i don't come out of surgery as Buttons! lol ha ha!

Lynne
xxx

Back