• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no restriction and bugged with people asking!

buglady

hi i just wanted to get some steam off my chest!! Im now 18 days post band op and can eat anything i like.......................................but im really trying to be good as i dont want to undo all the hard work the milk diet was! My first band fill isnt untill july 9th and counting the days for it im telling you!

I have to say im a little bit buggged by everyone asking how much weight i have lost since my op i then have to explain the whole science behind the band and you need saline to give you restriction bla bla bla, so i wish i could make up a card with a pic of the band and port and the fact that you may have to have 3 4 or 5 fills till you get to what is known as the sweet spot before you really start to loose the weight ,and then you might not loose half a stone a week and it could be anything beween 1-3lbs. I then would give it to the person who asks as im a bit bugged by (i know they are concerned and supportive!)people.

Does that make sense with anyone else!? :D:D:D

lol it does i think all banders have been there and well done on sticking to healthy eating first few months are thehardest but it does get easier. are you in clinic at st richards on the 9th?

lol it does i think all banders have been there and well done on sticking to healthy eating first few months are thehardest but it does get easier. are you in clinic at st richards on the 9th?
hi thanks im at spire in havant on the 9th! i glad it gets easier im still hungry all the time !!

I'll be 5 weeks post band tomorrow and go for my first fill & x-ray on Wednesday...I've only lost 6lb since op and already have 2mls in my band...I thought I would have done better than this on the scales, but can definately feel it in my clothes...not sure what's going on :confused:

hang in there, I'm sure it'll all work out :hug99:

hi thanks im at spire in havant on the 9th! i glad it gets easier im still hungry all the time !!

aww im in st richards same day for my next one, it does def get better the hunger will also get better with each fill first fills are often small but each surgeon will do differently my biggest fill was my second but just think in 6 months time you will have restriction and the weight will be coming off it goes quicker than you think x

I'll be 5 weeks post band tomorrow and go for my first fill & x-ray on Wednesday...I've only lost 6lb since op and already have 2mls in my band...I thought I would have done better than this on the scales, but can definately feel it in my clothes...not sure what's going on :confused:

hang in there, I'm sure it'll all work out :hug99:

thats not bad weightloss hun 1-2lbs a week is average loss with band

i know exactly what you mean i have had the same :( 'how are you doing...how much have you lost now.... i can really tell etc. doesnt help when i have put 4lbs on in the last 2 weeks and am frantically waiting my second fill (first made me have less restriction than after my op... if that makes sense??!) and all i want to do is eat!! its like they want you to loose a stone in a day!!!! i know they mainly want to be supportive but you can also see some people thinking ah its not worked for her has it!! totally understand! x

I was the same and could'nt wait to get my fill. I even gained 2 weeks ago and thought it was because I was'nt sticking to what I should be doing. It came off the following week though and then I got my 1st fill on thursday so I'm hoping the weight will start to shift again now. Don't worry about it because it will come off when you have a fill.

Hi Buglady

how's your fill gone today?
hi found out today i have a 14 ml band and i had 4.5 ml put in and in a couple of weeks im having a xray fill he said its more accurate ,then two weeks after another normal fill how strange the fill was no pain just gurgulling and im a bit burpey now other than that it seems fine he said sloppies for tea so im guessing the old faithfull mash potato for tea!! he said back to normal food tomorrow my weight hasnt crept up between the preop diet and now so im pleased seeing as i had no restriction onwards and upwards!!! thanks for asking i have to keep telling myself it took 35 years to get to my weight give it a chance!!lol x

I'm pleased to hear you had no pain because when they tried to do mine last week(and failed due to flipped port) it was really uncomfortable and a week down the line it's still really sore where they dug around with the needle trying to get into the port...the whole experience had really scared me tbh :sigh: so it's nice to hear that it was probably a 'one off' for me and that a normal fill shouldn't hurt at all.

thanks...Yxx

Glad your fill went well...still got 3 weeks before my 1st...i am sooooooo hungry and once i start on the 'real' food, i am dreading it!
Really worried i will put weight on!
I suppose its with failing EVERY other diet before..i expect this to go wrong too!!!!

Back