• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nobody to relate to anymore on this site..just really fed up with abdomen problems

I get the ad cal free. But probably only cause it was my celiac dietitian who prescribed it. I buy my own multi vits but do get b12 injections when I need them. Again probably because of mal absorption due to celiac

Looks like I will have to unless my usual GP changes it. I already have calcium and D3 chewables that I buy from Costco. Will have to wait and see for now.

I will cross the B12 bridge when/ if it happens.

As to why we have to pay, its down to the individual GP practice. Prescriptions are free in Scotland as its a devolved issue.

I get the impression from my GP that vitamins etc are only prescribed if blood tests indicate the need rather than on recommendations outside the NHS.

I have to pay for my iron prescription because it's a prescription. I'm not bothered...life's a rip off full stop

Hi all I forgot about the free prescriptions in Scotland and Wales. I have a prepaid card and believe me I'm grateful for the tablets in do get. I have always bought cheaper over the counter products if I can because I agree leave the expensive thing for this who can't or struggle,to pay been there in the old days. We all need to look after the NHS because we are all very lucky to have such a wonderful institution and Im glad to see a headline today saying we are going to get rid of overseas nursing staff, perhaps we will now employ the good British nurses back into the hospitals.

How's your stomach doing Emma?

How's your stomach doing Emma?

Hi there,
I'm not sure at the minute yvessa,
I think everything needs time to settle inside,the test will be when I'm next doing gardening.
The pain always seems to start when I'm doing the garden,as I'm crouching and bending.
Thanks for asking x

Hi there, I'm not sure at the minute yvessa, I think everything needs time to settle inside,the test will be when I'm next doing gardening. The pain always seems to start when I'm doing the garden,as I'm crouching and bending. Thanks for asking x

Don't be rushing into gardening hun. You need lots of time to heal. Its a full 3 months before you can expect your insides to be right again. Please take care of yourself hun. Hugx

WEll that was a topic was it not? every PCT has different rules their doctors have to adhere to. When I 1st came home from hospital I did get a prepayment card that really helped. Now I just get the things I have to on script and buy the rest. xx

Emma I really hope your tummy is settling down after these last few years of suffering. Still thinking of ya xx

Hi Emma. I hope things continue to improve for you. I may have missed it but did they actually tell you what was causing the problems?

Best wishes

TBx

Good morning...
Still no follow up appointment through yet...so I can find exactly what's be seen and done if anything much.
Regarding pains...it's hard to tell I'm still getting some discomfort but whether it's still from prodding around I'm not sure.
I'm starting to get a "gut" feeling I may just have to adapt to these pains....not that I want to sound negative at all.
I'm just going to have to give it time for everything to settle...one thing is for sure my tummy is making so loud noises again,just like straight after our bypasses are done...

Back