• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nobody to relate to anymore on this site..just really fed up with abdomen problems

Get yourself an appointment with your GP ASAP and get your self checked as they will then advise you the best way forward. You might have a bit of an infection and you need it sorted soon rather than later. If you have problems over this weekend get to A&E better safe than sorry and you don't need extra pain and discomfort. Take care of yourself because no other bugger will.

Lol...thanks mouse..
Your right..I'm quite shocked on how they have looked after me regarding this op.
Having to find out what they did to do in theatre from the secretary!
No info on my discharge notes..not telling me I have staples..and now nhs direct telling me I should have been given a district nurse as I've got staples...anyway I'm booking into the gps hopefully tommorow and letting him see my tummy.

Just catching up on your thread chick.

Glad they found the cause and hope it helps! xx

Hi everyone, I thought I'd just update in between me trying to breathe without it hurting,and walking round to ease this damn gas pains. Anyway surgery went ok,WAS 1st on list when arrived but due to something happening I didn't go down till afternoon. I've had a peterson defect repaired,luckily no hernia was found...it's a hole in the abdomen that I've had sewn up to be on the safe side,as bowels can slip through it. So I'm going to have to see if this sorts my issues out....just a bit worried about time I need off work as I wasn't given a note,even though I'd asked for one :-(

Just catching up as been off having my bypass and what have you. So glad they have found and repaired what they think is the cause. Really hope this starts to turn the tide for you hun. No one should have suffer in such a chronic way. Good luck with your recovery.
Hugs x

Well...no energy,feel like crap so I had to trott to the doctors to let them see my wounds as my tummy is sore.
Took my temp and he said I've got a temperature,so to be safe he's given me antibiotics incase I was starting an infection.
He rang my hospital as wasn't impressed about the staples and no nurse,so anyway they getting removed Friday!
Friday!!...they are pinching and sore,and want them out.
And my abdomen is hurting and I'm hoping I've not had surgery for nothing!

I hope it's not the start of an infection, just tight staples , I've had a few abdominal operations but I've never had staples so I can't comment. I hope it's your skin healing and its part of the healing process. I know stitches can become very tight when the body has started to heal and its objecting to having a strange foreign body in it. The antibiotics will help you to heal, make sure your eating some live yogurt to prevent the old thrush problem in mouth and other places. Hope your feeling better soon.

I'm keeping everything crossed that you haven't had the op for nothing. It's early days and ofc there is pain associated with the surgery itself, so I'm sincerely hoping that this is what you are experiencing now.

Staples going in the morning!...yayyyyy cannot wait!..pinchy little things they are..

Yes should feel better after they are out. I didn't have them for bariatric surgery but a few years ago had a saliva gland removed from my neck. It was stapled, I looked like Herman Munster lol.

Felt better gone thats for sure. X

Well the staples being removed wasn't that bad at all,it just felt like more pinching as they was being took out..
Infact the nurse said they definetly needed to come out! So it's a good job I went managed to sort my nurse appointment MYSELF...soooo hoping my pains get better now.
On a different note...I've decided to sort out all my vitamins(I take extra ones too) as well as my doctor ones..as I'm going to make sure I'm taking everything properly now.
I've been slipping a bit with them...I think a lot of it was due to me feeling fed up and kept forgetting.
As Im hoping taking all my vitamins and my sunshine vitamins will help with my mood and generally well being.
I just want to feel a bit happy with myself again x

Go and see your GP about vitamins, I get mine on prescription explain how important it is because of the operation, you know as I'm sure your well aware that you shouldn't over do them because that can be just as dangerous as no taking enough. Mine are a one a day effervescence type I take mine first thing in the morning, with my tummy protection ones, my pain killers and my calcium one I take later in the day because taking calcium will effect the vitamins. Your tummy will feel better now you've had those staples out. So fingers crossed your on the mend.

Go and see your GP about vitamins, I get mine on prescription explain how important it is because of the operation, you know as I'm sure your well aware that you shouldn't over do them because that can be just as dangerous as no taking enough. Mine are a one a day effervescence type I take mine first thing in the morning, with my tummy protection ones, my pain killers and my calcium one I take later in the day because taking calcium will effect the vitamins. Your tummy will feel better now you've had those staples out. So fingers crossed your on the mend.

Hi mouse I've get my vitamins prescribed I get forceval,which are the best for bypassers,I just add another different vitamin which isn't part of forceval,(my sunshine ones)...I've just haven't been taking everyday so I'm making an effort now x

That's the one I'm on, my new rule is sit in bed in the morning and before I get out of bed put water in glass two co codamol, one vitamin an tablet and Lansoprazole let dissolve while I go to loo sit back in bed and drink. Works very well until this morning when alarm clock didn't go of. I work up at 10:12 needed to be at an appointment at 11:00. I start work at 8:45 but was working from home with appointment in between total panic. I got dressed tablets taken and drove like a mad woman to assessment 8 miles away, dressed, make up on, hair is in a get out of bed look great because that's just what I looked like lol but still arrived with 5 minuets to go . YES IM SUPPER WOMAN

That's the one I'm on, my new rule is sit in bed in the morning and before I get out of bed put water in glass two co codamol, one vitamin an tablet and Lansoprazole let dissolve while I go to loo sit back in bed and drink. Works very well until this morning when alarm clock didn't go of. I work up at 10:12 needed to be at an appointment at 11:00. I start work at 8:45 but was working from home with appointment in between total panic. I got dressed tablets taken and drove like a mad woman to assessment 8 miles away, dressed, make up on, hair is in a get out of bed look great because that's just what I looked like lol but still arrived with 5 minuets to go . YES IM SUPPER WOMAN

Lol...I'm back at work too Monday..I've missed the kids at school

I wasn't able to get vits prescribed. I was told any medicine available for purchase can't be prescribed (including ferrous fumerate).

That's unfair...I'm lucky I even get my B12 injections when they are due

Many of us are forced to go private for ops not through impatience but because, regardless of meeting of NICE guidelines, the option of WLS is closed to us. As I mentioned in my diary on Friday a Dr at my GP practice said to me "who do you expect to foot the bill for all this" as she pointed to my post op vitamin requirements the hospital gave me. The BOMSS guidelines were there all highlighted.
Unfair? I would say so.

I am not able to get free viatmins and iron tablets and adcal. I have paid for mine all the way through. Its cheaper to buy the ferrous fumerate and can now buy the vitamins very cheaply. In the eraly dyas I used to geta prescription prepayment and would order iron tablets on there to make the prepayment work for me. x

Back