• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nobody to relate to anymore on this site..just really fed up with abdomen problems

Hope the pain eases now for you.

The gas pains are finally easing! With the help of plenty of trumping..lol
My local gp rang me Tuesday morning and I cried my eyes out to him over the phone..I was in agony.
My neck and shoulder was the worse,so he left me some strong painkillers and a sick note for work.
Does anyone know anything about stat sick pay?
I'm not entitled to anything from work due to not being there long enough,I tryed ringing the helpline but it's all robots and jargon.
I work 25 hours and I gather sick pay is paid from 3rd day of sickness..personel haven't got a clue either when I ask at work??
Does everyone get stat sick pay,does it automatically get paid through wages..and do I have to fill anything out?
I haven't a clue..my sick note is for 2 weeks..

As long as you earn £112 a week you are entitled to SSP and it should be paid through your payroll, I would assume your wages people will know what to do. If you don't qualify you can claim ESA. I only work 16hrs a week and did not qualify by a couple of pounds so I think you should be ok

Lynn x

As long as you earn £112 a week you are entitled to SSP and it should be paid through your payroll, I would assume your wages people will know what to do. If you don't qualify you can claim ESA. I only work 16hrs a week and did not qualify by a couple of pounds so I think you should be ok Lynn x

Thanks Lynn,
The wages people didn't know and was leaving it to me to find out,telling me I'd have to probely fill a form out to claim??

This is from the HMRC website

4. How to claim
To claim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), tell your employer in writing (if they request it) and by their deadline (or within 7 days if they don’t have one).

You only need a doctor’s ‘fit note’ (or sick note) if you’re off sick for more than 7 days.

If you’re unhappy with a decision
Talk to your employer if you think:

their decision not to pay you SSP is wrong
you’re not getting the right amount of SSP
You can ask them for a reason. If this doesn’t sort the problem, contact the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) employees’ enquiry line.

Lynn x

Good to hear you feeling bit better its blooming noightmare getting paid these days. I like you don't know how things work because I am never off. x

Just an add on you can self cert you get a form from your GP ( and other places I don't know where) for the first seven days and then you need a sick note from GP if they haven't given you one to cover the whole event. Your payroll should know after all they sort out your tax and everything else so don't be doing it for them they need to look into it. Along with tax and insurance and I'm sure they have some way that the SSP is paid to you from them and they claim it back.

As long as you earn £112 a week you are entitled to SSP and it should be paid through your payroll, I would assume your wages people will know what to do. If you don't qualify you can claim ESA. I only work 16hrs a week and did not qualify by a couple of pounds so I think you should be ok

Lynn x

I was told I can't claim ESA because I was able to walk with crutches (slowly and in extreme pain) and because I had worked abroad within three years (the joys of being an ESL teacher). So I had to declare myself fit for work and claim JSA despite being physically unable to work.

I was told I can't claim ESA because I was able to walk with crutches (slowly and in extreme pain) and because I had worked abroad within three years (the joys of being an ESL teacher). So I had to declare myself fit for work and claim JSA despite being physically unable to work.

I didn't bother to claim because it sounded like you had to jump through hoops and I would be back at work before they sorted it. Fortunately I had an outstanding pet insurance claim that more or less covered my pay.

Lynn x

You should receive your SSP through your employer's payroll which has to be computerised these days and so the software will virtually do it for them. Even the one supplied by HMRC enables them to do this. You might have to communicate this fact to them, and I'd also pass the info already posted from HMRC, and then tell them to get on with it! This is their job not yours - you're off sick for goodness sake!

Wind pains gone...phew!
The only problem now is....I removed my dressings before as they was feeling itchy and a bit tight/sore.
And to my surprise my 4 port holes have been stapled,nowhere on my discharge notes was this mentioned.
I've got no idea who removes these,and when,if they are supposed to be kept covered etc.
The only thing I've been told is I've got a follow up appointment with my surgeon in 5 weeks time..surely staples don't stay in that long?
Any help or advice anyone?

Staples normally stay in 10 days. Make an appointment with your practice nurse In advance to remove them x

I didn't bother to claim because it sounded like you had to jump through hoops and I would be back at work before they sorted it. Fortunately I had an outstanding pet insurance claim that more or less covered my pay. Lynn x

In my case I was referring to chronic illness pre-op. Now that level of pain is a distant memory.

I'll repeat what Alison said. See the nurse at your surgery after ten days.

My mam had the same problem when she had her back operation not told about it. The nurse took them out we took her to the. Hope its healing well xx

Chrisa..my port hole above belly button is quite sore still,it seems to be ok just sore still.
I'm hoping this discomfort is just the natural healing and nothing else...
Does anyone know if staples are more painful when healing rather just normal stitches?
Im still finding it hard to sit back comfortably

Get yourself an appointment with your GP ASAP and get your self checked as they will then advise you the best way forward. You might have a bit of an infection and you need it sorted soon rather than later. If you have problems over this weekend get to A&E better safe than sorry and you don't need extra pain and discomfort. Take care of yourself because no other bugger will.

Back