• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Non Scale Victories

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
I thought I'd start a thread giving all the non scale victories that have been acheived,

Firstly I can now cross my legs and find myself doing it - just because I can:D

At night I find myself sleeping on my tummy - something I haven't done for many many years :D

Today I walked out my front door, through our tiny porch and didn't have to leave the door open behind me so I could fit my (not quite so) large derriere through:eek::D

What about your NSV's?

awww im so pleased, yay :) cant wait to cross my legs :D and wipe me bum without pulling a muscle) lol
great thread idea :) xxx

crossing my legs when sitting on the floor.
Oh and pulling my knees up to my chest and hiding my face when a scary part comes on the telly.

Fitting elegantly in the bath with an inch space between my hips and the bath sides :D

fitting on a chair without me bum hanging over the sides!

me hubbys arms fitting all the way round me!

Oh just thought of another one
My hubby picked me up the other day and ........oh no that would be telling but to say the house was empty for the first time in forever is a clue :D

Good thread idea! I love nsvs they seem to help motivate more than scale numbers! Im not quiet about mine but best ones are...
Buying clothes from normal shops (Im still limited to the ones that do 20-22s like dotty p and next) but still bloody brilliant!!
Crossing legs is a corker! Can't quite do it under the desk but not far off!
Feeling bones where before there was just meat and gravy!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Oh I just remembered I sat on a soft hospital chair and after a while my bum was hurting...realised it was cos there's no so much padding!!! may have to start carrying a cushion LOL!!!

Can't wait until I can contribute to this without the threat of the weight piling back on as well. Woo hoo

Cutting my toe nails without trapping a muscle and tieing my laces without thinking about it! Seeing my feet in a standing position and finding a lump at the top of both legs....turned out they were my hips!! :D xx

Looking in shop windows and smiling because I like what I see, instead of cringing and hoping its not a true reflection!

Looking in a mirror and loving myself!

Looking at people's faces when I talk to them and not wondering what they think of me or caring at least!!

Brilliant thread.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

what a fantastic thread carnt wait till i can join in. i would love to cross my legs just because i can.

Going to cinema and not being squashed in by the arms of the chair. Getting into the driving seat of the car and seeing a 2 inch gap between my ample tummy and the steering wheel ( it used to touch and i would feel the drag when i turned the wheel) and putting on my winter coat (yesterday) and it dawning on me i need to try one of my " thinner times" one cos it was too big ,

Reaching into the glove compartment from the driving seat without undoing the seat belt.

Giving my 26's only a few, 24's loads, 22's millions, 20's and some 18's clothes to the charity shop!!!!
Picking up 16's in the shops and thinking, i'll get that for myself next month.
Wearing high heels again when I want to instead of always wearing flats.
Tights not cutting in and making chips out of the tops of my legs.
Walking for hours with Wizzy and never getting puffed out or trying to avoid hilly bits (impossible in Rossendale anyway lol)
Feeling good about myself and wearing lovely clothes again instead of most of my clothes being made of Jersey fabric.
I have to say that I still avoid looking in mirrors and shop windows when I walk past them but I think it is a habit rather than a choice.
Lynne x

Oh I am BIG on NSV shouting and my list is huge

Just a few for now if this becomes a sticky there will be more:

Having to use MUCH more water in the bath
Going from 52 inch waist trousers to 40 even 38 jeans today
Having to push an extra hole in the other end of the belt like taking it in not out
Fewer Far Fewer Meds
Seeing my electric scales without having to get off them
Using NORMAL bathroom scales not the expensive weigh a ton ones
Getting rid of three stones of old clothes in bin bags and smiling at the thought that I carried round twice as much of that in body weight!

NSVs motivate me more than the Scales

I like counting the number of times I get told that I've lost weight!!!

Today my (business) landlord didn't recognise me....because I had sunglasses on!!! yeah right!:cool:

When I bumped into a chef friend told me I was Glittering with Health!!:D

And then a mum at the gates came all the way over to me and commented on how much I'd lost and congratulated me!! (I don't do mumsy talk at the gates!!):)

greyputy said:
Can't wait until I can contribute to this without the threat of the weight piling back on as well. Woo hoo

Just thought of one pre op. deciding what clothes I keep as my fat outfit to compare when the weight has gone. Woohooo :)

Back