• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Non Scale Victories

This thread is lovely!
I'm only 38lbs down but I can already feel the difference.
Buying size 18 clothes from 'normal shops'
Feeling more attractive whilst out with the girls.
Crossing my legs easily.
My nursing uniform trousers falling down and everyone saying I need to get some new ones.
Not running away when someone gets a camera out!
Being more bendy (if you know what I mean)!!!
I can feel my mojo coming back! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

This thread is lovely!
I'm only 38lbs down but I can already feel the difference.
Buying size 18 clothes from 'normal shops'
Feeling more attractive whilst out with the girls.
Crossing my legs easily.
My nursing uniform trousers falling down and everyone saying I need to get some new ones.
Not running away when someone gets a camera out!
Being more bendy (if you know what I mean)!!!
I can feel my mojo coming back! ;-)

dont understand, can you explain please? :D

Caren. I know you are a woman with a cheeky smile and a glint in your eye, you know EXACTLY what I mean ;-) xx

I can wrap a bath sheet round me and tuck it in to keep it up and............there is NO gap!!! It overlaps!!!

I can get up off the couch/bed without using my hands to push me up.

My husband can feel bones in my shoulders!

Today I am wearing a size 22 top!

I love my bypass :D:D:D:D:D

I have been Christmas shopping 3 times in the last 3 days.

Walking for miles and miles with no stopping for a sit down to catch my breath!! No back pain, no throbbing feet :D

85lbs off certainly makes a big difference :bliss:

Tiggerific said:
I have been Christmas shopping 3 times in the last 3 days.

Walking for miles and miles with no stopping for a sit down to catch my breath!! No back pain, no throbbing feet :D

85lbs off certainly makes a big difference :bliss:

It feels great.., well done babexx

I crossed my legs without been noticing at my bfs grans house n she noticed xx

I can now scratch my back without grabbing a hair brush or somethngto reach the itchy spot x

i just wanna be able to wipe my bum without pulling a muscle :(

i just had my first bath since my op... and my bum didnt get stuck and i was able to lie down and wash my hair... woohoo

Thats another one I can add to my list:D

On Sunday I walked into Marks & Spencers, picked out a dress from the rails, some black tights and some high heeled shoes:eek:....wore them to the Christingle Mass and felt fab!!

I can reach my botty through my legs from the front now!!!

Do not ask how I found that one out :girlpower:

Caren said:

Or dislocate something !!!

I can reach my botty through my legs from the front now!!!

Do not ask how I found that one out :girlpower:
hahahaha i wont ask, but im gonna try it!! My internal organs are used to being squashed just by putting my socks on, so might work :D lol xxx

I just want to walk 100yrds or more with out stopping and getting out of breath , and not having back pain x

Victorys so far:

Walking with no back pain

Pulled at the xmas work party haha

Being told i walk faster now

Bum not getting stuck in the bath

I just want to walk 100yrds or more with out stopping and getting out of breath , and not having back pain x

Its all yours for the taking....post op:)

Look forward to reading the post saying this is all happening for you

Playing in the Jungle Barn

Yesterday we took our youngest daughter and our little Grandaughter to Paradise Park in Hayle, Had a lovely afternoon wandering around the park then went into the Jungle Barn (Big play area, ball pools slides etc...you know the sort!):)

I was sat with my cup of tea having slipped into that bright coloured fixed seating, when I realised I could go and play too!!

So off I went over rope bridges, down slides, through rollers everything!!!! Brilliant fun!!:D:D

On the third lap I thought I'd be clever, bounced down one of the bumpy slidy shute things....and I've bruised my cocyx :eek:(!) ouch!! not enough padding down there now....but I don't mind it was great fun...just have to keep taking a load of painkillers now ...hope it sorts itself out before my cruise in 3 weeks time:eek:

Oh and the best part I walked out of there with only a slightly pink face!!!!

A few months ago I would have been bright red, I would have been soaked in sweat.......and that would have been from getting my tea from the counter:8855:

i can now walk for 3 hours without sitting down, whereas before i had to stop evey 100 yards.
I can sit in anywhere not worrying wether im gonna get stuck or look stupid trying to sit in it.
I can undo my bra by putting my hands behind my back.
My car steering wheel doesnt touch my belly anymore.
My housework sgetting done.
I can do the washing up and ironing standing up.
I can cut my toenails and do up my laces without feeling im gonna pass out.
Im not using my crutches anymore... only occasionally around house.. as have asmall tumour on a nerve.
The op to remove said tumour can now be done by lazer surgery and one keyhole hole... instead of being opened rgtup and have the risk of being paralised.
my diabetis is now diet controlled.. ie no meds.
i have so much more energy and want to go out more, and visit friends.
Now ive lost some weight..im now being treated for a tilted pelvis and my back is feeling a lot better... before i was being treted fo sciatica...they didnt check my pelvis as i had too much padding to feel it.. so just blamed sciatica!!
the best thing though......
My daughter can put her arms right round me when she hugs me... so im getting more hugs... i love it xx

I'm still pre op but am loving people saying that I look like I have lost a lot of weight!
Also, love getting back into clothes that I have bought ages back rather than having to buy new ones cos my old ones don't fit any more.
Love sitting on desks in my classroom - couldn't do that before!

Back