• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

north tyneside rakelane, delays

charlie_pops

i had my nurse appointment today and it went really well :) my target to loose by xmas is 1 stone ( when ill see mr seymore) she took my height, went through some questions and seemed happy.fingers crossed and everythings ok and ill be on the loosers bench by april at the latest.

she also mentioned that there is a very high number of people to see and there will be delays but not to worry everyone is going to get seen.

so dont worry everyone under rakelane you will get there in the end.

That's good to hear Charlie. Had you lost anymore weight between end of level 3 weight mgmt and seeing the nurse today ?

nope, unfortunatly i had put a few pounds on. time to get my arse into gear. where are you on your journey x

rang up and got an appt for the 28th at the GB Hunter hospital to see the nurse. Hoping things speed up a bit !

at my nurse appointment she just asked me to go back through the questionnaire i filled in, chatted about which procedure would be best, told me my targets a stone to loose for my surgeons appointment in dec. she will answer all your questions :D

went to see Sue today ( the nurse ) at Rake Lane. She said she has put me on a 2 month appointment to see Mr Woodcock. Will I have to start and chase again for this appointment or should it come through normally ?!!! She didnt give me a weight target to lose but to continue what I am doing at the min. any help appreciated

It will just come through from apts, or do what I done and ring apts and ask for it, I have done that with all my appointments and I am now getting my bypass 6 dec after having my seminar in feb, it may be earlier if they get a cancellation!

I had op last Dec with woodcock...he expects constant weight loss with around a 2 stone loss from seminar....good luck x

I went to my docs in March...had seminar in May...surgeon app Nov and op Dec...i was lucky to get in so quick...its usually 12 weeks from surgeon app to op.
I waited 6 weeks but prob only cos alot didn't want xmas-newyear ops whereas i didn't mind and had it 28th Dec and home on 29th x

Id tell him you'd be happy to have xmas op if there any cancelltions etc...he said you'd be amazed how many people refuse so they can have 1 last big xmas blow out with food n drinks lol...i was on pre op diet xmas day..i still had xmas dinner just a small size portion n i managed knowing i had op coming up..its easy if ya focused n reali want the op x

Dr woodcock is lovley hes my surgeon aswell :)
I was ref november, seminar january nurse august dietian october dr woodcock november and have a surgery date for december, so im very lucky I got seen quick, I had a friend off the forum push for my appt with dr woodcock in november - its deffo worth persuing and if you get offered a christmas date TAKE IT!
My wait is 5 weeks between surgeon and operation :)

Mr Woodcock

Went to see him last week all good for a bypass on 14th Jan. really pleased as only went to see GP in may this year

Back