• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appointment Went Well...But!!!

Snowcrystal

Hi Everyone

What a day!!!

Saw my surgeons registrar who was really lovely...she went through every thing and at first agreed that I was better suited to the bypass.

But, she was not happy about the colitis flare up I had four or so years ago, and although I was under the impression that this would not preclude me from having a bypass it is all down to the surgeon.

She is going to ring me after she has spoken with him about this and to see if (1) he wants me to have a colonoscopy...and )(2) wants to get the reports from the hospital involved at the time.

She admits this will hold things up a bit by about a month or so..if it had not been for this hiccup we would have been looking at about 4 months time for the actual surgery.

She found another hernia just inside my belly button and said that they would repair that and the hiatus hernia at the time of surgery....Pending the outcome of a scan they might remove my gall bladder at the same time.

So this is how it stands right now........if my colitis is not an auto immune condition and was induced by drugs (eg antibiotics etc) they will give me the bypass....if not then it will be the sleeve.....(Any advice on sleeves please?)

But they move fast....I have a ultrasound scan next Friday for liver and gall bladder and had a load of blood tests done today.

I asked about funding and how long I will wait for that....she said it is not an issue, they let management worry about that after the surgery has been done...I thought wow, that was something I needn't have worried about at all....But she said I fit the criteria for surgery and pending all the tests, I will get it.

How different these hospitals and PCT's work!

If all goes well I should be done by January at the latest...

(((hugs)))

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. From your post it seems to have been a positive appointment on most fronts. Best of luck.

Well that's not too bad - it's best they are absolutely sorted so they can ensure when they do the surgery it will be a success for you and you will then be on the road to a healthy lifestyle.

There are a couple of people on mini's that have had a sleeve (can't think of there names at the top of my head) but i am sure they will identify themselves and help you with any info you may need. I'm sure you have already looked up what a sleeve op entails so you will be able to understand the in's and out's of it.

Sending you hugs and fairy dust to keep you sparkling until your op xx

Wow, that's brilliant news Snow. You're on yr way. Fantastic!

great news Snow. Really chuffed that everything has gone well xx

Great news Snow!! I hope that all your tests will come out favourable and you get your bypass soon. xx

Snowcrystal I will have everything crossed for you. The sleeve seems to be more popular now. There's a few on here that are doing really well so either op will help you along your weight loss journey. The surgeon will only do whats safe for you at the end of the day. Good luck with the next set of tests and roll on the op datexxx

great news you are on your way AND you get a full MOT and service lol :D jammy:p

good luck on your journey

Back