• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not a good weigh in!

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Well here I am, just under four weeks post op, and this week I have put on 1 lb.

As far as I know, I have been good and not strayed or over eat on anything I should.

So I dont get it at all. As my clothes all feel looser, so it could be inches I am losing and not lbs.

I am going to phone my nurse up today to see if I can get back on my bike, as I need to get exercising more.

It's weight you've lost, just some weeks don't always register. I know you're a fella, but you still retain fluid at some degree. Just continue doing the good work and next week you'll see a great weight loss!!

Even 1lb is a loss and in the right direction and not a gain some weeks we don't seem to lose a lot others we surprise ourself with the large drop. Swings and roundabouts Gary you are getting there. Good luck with the exercise if you're allowed back on the bike.

Don't get too disheartened Gary, just look how far you have come. I bet you have lost weight, our bodies do strange things sometimes, and you say your clothes feel looser - that's telling you more than the scales!!

You are doing so well, don't get disappointed by the scales

Kim x

Peterborough Guy said:
Well here I am, just under four weeks post op, and this week I have put on 1 lb.

As far as I know, I have been good and not strayed or over eat on anything I should.

So I dont get it at all. As my clothes all feel looser, so it could be inches I am losing and not lbs.

I am going to phone my nurse up today to see if I can get back on my bike, as I need to get exercising more.

Hi

The same thing happened to me this week - I also gained a pound. I was not happy :-(
I think we need to also go by our clothes xx

Hi there

I put on three pounds a few weeks ago, I lost that within a few weeks, then this week I too put on a pound :-( it really messes with your head doesn't it.

I feel your frustration x

Stef x

Hi there

I put on three pounds a few weeks ago, I lost that within a few weeks, then this week I too put on a pound :-( it really messes with your head doesn't it.

Stef x

I feel for ya, I wouldnt mind if I knew I had been naughty and could account for the lb lol, oh well, no one said this would be easy lol

Hi PG, I put on 2lbs last week! I know that it wasn't an accurate read due to fluid retention but it still makes you feel crappy doesn't it.

I know that I did all the right things and that is what is keeping me going, besides it means I've got a good loss to look forward to this week.

Keep your chin up (remember you've only got one now!) and the scales will tell an entirely different story next week.

Julie

jema said:
I'm not sure about offering advice, as I'm still pre-op, but I just wanted to send you a hug...((((()))))

Looking at your achievement to date, you have a lot to be pleased about, though it must seem a bit too crazy when you're trying so hard....
Keep up the good work.:):)

Thanks for the big hug :) :)
It's just so frustrating when you know you're doing everything right! Never mind, as you said I should be proud of myself for my achievement so far.
Thanks for your reply xx

stefanie said:
Hi there

Stef x

Hi Stef

It does...I felt really fed up all day yesterday :-(
But this is my first week of stalling so I shouldn't really complain :) xx

hi pg im 6 wks post op today and went to see my surgeon for my check up and i put on a 1lb1/2 but i hadnt been to the lav for 4 days and my water intake has been low, but im not letting it upset me as ive been here before about 3 wks ago i put on 1 lb but the next wk had a good loss then i stalled for about 4 days then lost 6 lbs the wk after so dont get to down hearted there is loads of reasons why this happens but i was like you and used to get really upset, if this happened every wk then i thing i would be worried, chin up xxxx

Hi PG, I put on 2lbs last week! I know that it wasn't an accurate read due to fluid retention but it still makes you feel crappy doesn't it.

I know that I did all the right things and that is what is keeping me going, besides it means I've got a good loss to look forward to this week.

Keep your chin up (remember you've only got one now!) and the scales will tell an entirely different story next week.

Julie
how right you are ive been there done that and still am but im trying not to let it upset me it will all come right xxx

Go with the measurements, drink lots and if needs be something to ease other areas incase that's causing the up on the scales. Did you get the go ahead for your bikerides?

Go with the measurements, drink lots and if needs be something to ease other areas incase that's causing the up on the scales. Did you get the go ahead for your bikerides?

Oh yes I did, which I am so happy about, Im going to start off with gentle flat rides to start with and build up from there, I want to go out tonight but its raining :(

Back