• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not a teenager anymore!

Grace

I've already posted this on my diary, but I just thought I'd share my joy with a wider audience! LOL!

I'm no longer a teenager....in weight terms!

This week, in fact today, at just one day short of my 6 months
post-op-iversary...I have entered the 12 stones something bracket (12 stones 13 pounds actually!)...........and left the teens....FOREVER!

I've lost 4 stones 9 pounds in the almost-six-months since surgery.

I am NEVER going back...feeling this good is just too precious to swap for over-eating. :p:D;)

I honestly thank God that I never got into the 20s...if it hadn't been for my surgery, I most definitely would have done. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My bypass is one of the most precious gifts I have ever been given. :):D

Such an uplifting post Grace :D It truly is a gift we have been given! Well done on your return to your youth (weight wise!) and Im sure you feel lots younger too! XX

Such an uplifting post Grace :D It truly is a gift we have been given! Well done on your return to your youth (weight wise!) and Im sure you feel lots younger too! XX

oooo Dotty, I do, I do! Yay! :D:D:D:D:D

:wow:Major Congrats. :wow:

I know being a fellow shorty that 20stone barrier would have been one it would have been hard to come back from.

Woooo hooo Congratulations thats great going :)... Keep it up xx

Nicky xx

Wow Grace I am so proud of you.
Being nearly 25 stone I couldn't wait to be back in the teens and my next goal is to get out of them.
You must feel fantastic. Well done x

To anyone who broke the 20 stone barrier - Please forgive me if I sounded insensitive. For me 20 stones would have been dreadful as I am only just 5 feet tall.

I know how very miserable and ill I felt at my heaviest - 19 stone 3 pounds. And I also know that without my bypass I would have reached 20 stones and more. My weight would have just continued going up and up. It was that realisation which prompted me to seek surgery.
But I didn't mean to sound rude or offensive to anyone who was/is heavier.
Grace xxx

I am 100% sure you didn't offend.

I can relate to you - at 4.11 I weighed just over 18 stone at my heaviest, and couldn't seem myself living into my 50's. My heart was struggling with that weight, and waking me in the night pounding and beating fast.

I think we all get to the limit for our bodies when we cannot function with daily life and now thanks to weight loss surgery, we can find something that will finally help us. Before I think if we passed that limit, we become more immobile and the problem gets worse until we can become housebound.

Good for you girl, carry on enjoying your younger years !!
All the best Trisha

Grace, i'm so pleased for you, if i could wish one more thing for you it would be that the remainder of your journey be worry and pain free xxx

Thanks so much Julie. I'm certainly feeling much more relaxed and happy since all my investigations have come back clear.
Grace xxx

Back